Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing Serial ports on cisco router

Options
  • 01-08-2007 7:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭

Hi,

Let me explain the title a bit better, there's a couple of routers linked by leased lines and on one of the routers the serial link is continuley going up and down. Nothing has changed so I assumed it was an eircom problem but they say everythin checks out fine.

What I want to do is just move the leased line over to the other serial connection but its been a while since if messed about with them, is there a way of coping over all the routing info to use the serial 1/1 instead of serial 0/1 or does it need to just be edited,

Cheers,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Isn't that big deal really.

To be honest the interface itself wont' have much only IP address, subnet mask etc. The routing is going to be seperate, more than likely you will just have a default route to the IP of the ISP. That's mainly the only routing info you need for a standard setup and shouldn't need to be changed unless it is a interface thats specified rather than an IP.

Give a print out of your show run.

Advertisement