Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help me PLEASE

Options
  • 01-08-2007 8:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭

Ok sorry to post this up with such a ****ty way about it but i could get disconected again at any time, anywya basicly to the point, im on eircom broaband and recently my dsl keep on going down then working again then down then working again somtimes i could get 30 mins of internet other times i might get 5 then the dsl can go from anything from 30 seconds to 3 hours. This is driving me insane as it makes browsing the net impossible.

At first i thought it was the broadband upgrading there doing in tralee but none of my freinds who live around me are having this problem so i recon that cant be it, everythings plugged in properly theres no lose conections anyone have any ideas what the problem could be?

Also my house phone has now gone dead(we are paying the bills before you ask the obvious) HELLLP

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

I would recommend you scan for viruses, spyware, trojans. All that nasty ****. I had a problem similar to yours recently with my connection flatlining and some good anti-this-and-that software it got sorted fast. Although the trouble with your phone line going dead is a bit random. Perhaps it's unrelated and theres some maintenance, you could check if anyone elses is down. Either way its a good idea to scan your system if you're not. Sorry if I'm not enough help! :o

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Have you asked Eircom to check your line?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

how do i do this? also no it aint no virus, just scanned and its clean and the other computer in the room doesnt work either. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Have you got anything else plugged into the phoneline like a skybox?
    If so plug out the sucker and see does it have any effect. Whats your line stats like?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Have you got anything else plugged into the phoneline like a skybox?
    If so plug out the sucker and see does it have any effect. Whats your line stats like?
    Indeed.
    Click on this link to go to the stats page on your modem (assuming you're using the silver wireless Netopia)
    http://192.168.1.254/indexTroubleshootStatRES.htm?adslRES.htm
    There you will find your stats (attenuation, SN Margin, etc). Make note of the figures.

Then clear your line of everything thats plugged into it (phones, sky boxes, filters, etc). Switch off your modem, plug it back into the phone socket without a filter and switch it back on. Check your stats again as above and post them here. Leave it that way for a while to see if it continues to disconnect.
    If the connection remains stable then it's something in your house and you can start plugging stuff back in, one by one, to pinpoint the problem.
    If it continues to disconnect then you need to contact Eircom and report the fault.

• Advertisement
Advertisement