Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supplier - customer relationship

Options
  • 01-08-2007 9:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 39

Hi,

Can somebody advise me of that is involved in supplier customer relations? What are my responsibilities to a supplier and what are their responsibilities to the customer?

Also, can somebody advise me of what legalities are involved between customer and supplier?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭shoegirl

Jack_Flash wrote:
    Hi,

Can somebody advise me of that is involved in supplier customer relations? What are my responsibilities to a supplier and what are their responsibilities to the customer?

Also, can somebody advise me of what legalities are involved between customer and supplier?

It would depend what the terms of the agreement are.

If its a once off sale with no promises of further sales, then the supplier is responsible for what they have sold, no more.

However these days it is common to enter into ongoing agreements about sales and usually the terms will be hammered out between the companies. The responsiblities will depend on the nature of the relationship. So if this is a "network" like organizational agreement which is not set in stone there will be a degree of flexibility. If, on the other hand, a big customer is using its power as leverage, the relationship will be dependent for the supplier, who will find themselves more obliged to suit the customer. A lot of these kind of relationships developed under strong Japanese influences in business in the 80s and 90s.

Advertisement