Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photoshop favour?

Options
  • 01-08-2007 9:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭

I was just wondering if anyone here could help me out with something... I want to get a picture of myself and my other half framed for him for our anniversary but the problem is we don't have any pictures taken together as we both hate having out photo taken so give in seldomly and reluctantly. Is there anyone who could combine 2 seperate pics onto some sort of neutral background for me? I'm hoping to get my uncle who's into digital photography to print it out on good paper for me. If anyone can I'd really appreciate it and can pm or email the two pictures. Thank you!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I could give it a go, send me a PM if you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭jellybean520

It's do-able and I've done a little over the years but wouldn't it be much easier just to pose together? No matter how good the results from a PS effort, it will surely look fake to most discerning eyes. Posing together would ensure a certain "connection" very difficult to obtain in PS.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

It's do-able and I've done a little over the years but wouldn't it be much easier just to pose together? No matter how good the results from a PS effort, it will surely look fake to most discerning eyes. Posing together would ensure a certain "connection" very difficult to obtain in PS.
    Bite the bullet and go for the real thing, in 10-20yrs time, you will wonder what all the fuss was about and realise how good you actually looked. A photoshop composite would look great done by the right person but it wouldn't look as good as the real thing as you seem to realise anyway. Good Luck.

*Edit:Ps, Ruu from what I have seen is pretty red hot, so a good alternative there I think if it comes to it.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Also there is a lot of luck in getting good source material. If the lighting etc is slightly different on the subjects it can be difficult to correct and it will just look fake.

If you want it as a surprise for him then maybe get a friend who's halfway decent with a camera on a night out to get a few sneaky shots of ye together on the quiet, no need for posing and it would look more natural since you hate getting snapped so much. It would help if he had a decent camera too, tho you could just ask here for getting them processed.

Advertisement