Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Straight forward questions

• 01-08-2007 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

Greetings all,
    just bought an XBox360 in Gamestop and have a few quick questions:

- hard drive supposed to be 20gb but only shows up 11gb on the screen. Is this normal?
    - can you connnect a usb pen to it and take a file off it (like the xbox games patch)?
    -I am trying to connect up to Xbox live with the ethernet cable to Eircom (netopia) where do I change the settings to enable connection?

thanks in advance!
    Scouse

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Hard Drive, normal but should be 13Gb I think.

USB pen, no, only mp3 files and mpeg pics.
    Patches are got form Live.

Which connection settings, the ones in the dash board or your router?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭scouse1990

am trying to connect up to Xbox live with the ethernet cable to Eircom (netopia) where do I change the settings to enable connection?
    Both!

(oh and thanks for other answers!)

I use a netopia wireless connection for my 360 and the console set it all up itself for me.

There is a connections settings tap in the 360 menue, let the 360 try to automatically set it up first.

If not you may need to change the NAT settings on you router.

If you're using a Netopia (I've a 3347W), here's what to do:

Go to your router settings in your browser (http://192.168.1.254/).

Just enter the numbers with the dots included in your address bar if the link won't work.

Done. And what do I need to change if it still doesnt work?

Off the top of my head the most common issues are fixed by:

In the router settings go to the Custom Services tab, change the NAT settings. Then go to Firewall and set it to low.

It should be Ok after that.

• Advertisement

Hurrah, thanks very much! Much appreciated. BTW do I have to leave the firewall setting on low from now on??

For me Live only works if I leave it on low. I don't know if there is a work around way of setting it higher with Live still working. I think its just an Eircom thing.

But with my Firewall on low for 19 months I've never had security problems.

Advertisement