Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

swapping for an xbox 360 in gamestop

Options
  • 01-08-2007 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭

just in case anyone's interested, went in to gamestop today and swapped all my old crap for a new 360,
    as you're all aware im sure they're running a promo where you can swap your old system and 6 games and get the 360 for €199,
    i brought in my old ps2 and my games, 15 in all (2 with no boxes), i've been out of the gaming loop for awhile now so all my games were old, im talking original pro evo soccer, pro evo soccer 3, red faction, medal of honour fronline, original socom, a few james bond and tombraider games etc etc, anyay when the guy scanned them into the system, they registered as 60cent, 80 cent, i thought there's no way they're gonna meet the required value, but it seems there is no required value, they'll just take the ps2 and any old 6 crappy games (on my receipt only 6 games were listed for the trade)
    i also had a DS along with 3 launch titles that i no longer play either so traded them too, got €90 for them,
    so i got a lovely new 360 premium for €109, which i was fairly chuffed with,
    just thought i'd share my happy little story!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

why would you bring a old console along with classic games and give them away? also why get a 360? im getting one as well but im waiting till the new 360 comes out closer to christmass aljng with mass effect.

you should never lose sell or trade old consoles and games. some of them could be real classics or what if you wanted to play them again>?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭TheAlmightyArse

Conversely, why keep old games if you're never likely to play them again? Especially if you get a good deal like that; tombren could easily buy a PS2 again with the money he's saved there, if he ever felt the want.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭tombren

yep, i never play my ps2 anymore and rarely go back to games when i finish them, (except medal of honour and call of duty which i still have on my pc) to be honest i kinda got bored of the whole gaming thing for the past year or two and am looking for something to re-ignite my old gaming 'passion' and after spending the evening playing gears of war, think the 360 might just be the thing to do it,
    also bought the DS on impulse and have only played it for about an hour since i bought it so it was just gathering dust

in addition!, i still have a super nes and playstation 1 at home taking up space, wish i coulda traded them in against something like a 360 years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

ye well some things you cant give away like N64, goldeneye, youd keep a n64 around just incase you decide to play goldeneye down the line

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭remus808

tombren wrote:
    just in case anyone's interested, went in to gamestop today and swapped all my old crap for a new 360,
    as you're all aware im sure they're running a promo where you can swap your old system and 6 games and get the 360 for €199,
    i brought in my old ps2 and my games, 15 in all (2 with no boxes), i've been out of the gaming loop for awhile now so all my games were old, im talking original pro evo soccer, pro evo soccer 3, red faction, medal of honour fronline, original socom, a few james bond and tombraider games etc etc, anyay when the guy scanned them into the system, they registered as 60cent, 80 cent, i thought there's no way they're gonna meet the required value, but it seems there is no required value, they'll just take the ps2 and any old 6 crappy games (on my receipt only 6 games were listed for the trade)
    i also had a DS along with 3 launch titles that i no longer play either so traded them too, got €90 for them,
    so i got a lovely new 360 premium for €109, which i was fairly chuffed with,
    just thought i'd share my happy little story!

People need to stop allowing game stores to rip them off! I'd have given you €150 for that DS, I'm looking for one at the moment! :(

karmabass wrote:
    People need to stop allowing game stores to rip them off! I'd have given you €150 for that DS, I'm looking for one at the moment! :(

really didnt think anyone would pay over €100 for a ds, i know i wouldnt, they're abit crap,
    not sure how hard you're looking but on the buy and sell site u can get a ds for €60, €140, €100 depending on games etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭wba88

could one trade in an old playstation1? with a few ps1 games for the discount?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,607 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

If you go to bookmart and game exchange on Talbot street you'll get cash for the PS1 and Snes, or just go to the retro gaming board here and mention you've got them. Alternatively go to adverts.ie and sell them there, plenty of Snes fans out there would be glad of the chance to buy.

Regarding trading in a PS2, silly person, tons of great games out there for it, many better than the current output for the 360/PS3, the likes of Burnout Dominator, God of War2, Okami, SOTC, DragonQuest, FFXII, and loads more. Ah well, such is life.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

CiDeRmAn wrote:
    If you go to bookmart and game exchange on Talbot street you'll get cash for the PS1 and Snes, or just go to the retro gaming board here and mention you've got them. Alternatively go to adverts.ie and sell them there, plenty of Snes fans out there would be glad of the chance to buy.

Regarding trading in a PS2, silly person, tons of great games out there for it, many better than the current output for the 360/PS3, the likes of Burnout Dominator, God of War2, Okami, SOTC, DragonQuest, FFXII, and loads more. Ah well, such is life.

I didn't trade mine in, but I haven't played it once since I got my 360 on launch.
    Only played the Xbox about twice, but still play the DS a good bit.

• Advertisement

CiDeRmAn wrote:

sorry, dont agree, i hate with a deep passion anything like dragonquest or final fantasy, okami, know they're considered good within their genre but i find they are super boring, paint...dryin....watching comes to mind,
    really happy with the decision i made regarding the trade, gears of war spanks the pants of anything i've played on any console within the past 2 years (still stuff on the pc i prefer)
    the only thing on the ps2 which i went even near in the past year was pro evo 6 and well i can get it again or the new version on the 360,
    the minute i got the 360 the ps2 woulda been shoved in the back of the closet along with my snes, ps1, my gameboy advance, gameboy colour, sega gamegear and my ds if i hadnt of traded that too, once i move on i never go back, at least this way my closet's wont be so cluttered and i got €300 off my 360

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

people would buy a Snes on adverts. You'd get a few quid of assassins creed at least

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Heres my experience--Psp trade in value in Gamestop is €68.00
    360 Elite is €230.00 (paid 330 for it 3 months ago)
    GH3 with Guitar €20.00
    GH2 with guitar €15.00

Looking to trade the 360 for a PS3 but not at that trade in price.
    The rip offs are getting worse in these shops.

Advertisement