Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anything But Coast!

• 01-08-2007 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Can anybody recommend boutiques in Dublin area, does nice dresses suitable to wear to a wedding. Late 20's, early 30's market. Not coast or chainstores.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Jenfer

Anney I cant solve your problem, but I feel for you xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Anney

Oh God, can nobody help me! Finished work at 1pm today & this afternoon is my last chance to purchase a dress, for a wedding next week. All friends will be in attendance along with boyfriend's family. At this rate I'm going in a bin bag & flip flops, or perhaps wellies!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭lady_j

rococo off grafton street? Its very particular style though. Other than that I would say Jenny Vander for vintage dresses (you can rent the there too) or karen millen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭boffin

Hey, not sure of the shop name but this time last year there was a lovely boutique with dresses that I came upon. It is at the top of the street where the bt car park is on - up the top near the corner where the jewellery store cassidy and cassidy is and on the same street as make up forever...if that not really clear (which i can guess it might not be - let me know and I'll look it up on a map!!) - Feel you for tho because this time is a nightmare because of the sales!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Chica - Westbury Mall
    Julien - St Stephen's Green Shopping Centre

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Lola123

You could try warehouse, oasis and karen millen for dresses.
    Even if your worried about looking the same as everyone else, you could always get a plain enough dress and make it your own with accessories.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 444 ✭✭Esmereldina

Although they are still high street, Whistles (in Brown Thomas and House of Fraser in Dundrum) have really pretty stuff that's usually a little different from the normal high street trends. I got a lovely dress for a wedding there last summer :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Peewee_lane

Pythia wrote:
    Chica - Westbury Mall
    Julien - St Stephen's Green Shopping Centre

I second Julien.

If you spend a good deal of time trying on something and dont like it, the girls will tell you if they have something new coming in.

Theres another good one, TK Max?? In Blanch or Stephens Green, my god, you can get real bargains there no one really has seen.

Theres the Outlet store in Kildare, all designer stuff reduced, small selection.

And the Dundrum shopping centre has some really elite dressess.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Anney

Thanks a mill, folks. Am new to this boards thing, it's a great help. Does anybody know where stocks a label called Rubber Ducky? They do fab dresses, v colourful, young & just gorgeous. I know they stock them in Palua in Leixlip but they didn't have my size & I'm in love with this particular dress.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭rusalka

Costume on Castle Market.

Gorgeous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Hrududu

Even if your worried about looking the same as everyone else, you could always get a plain enough dress and make it your own with accessories.
    The sales are killing me at the moment. I'm in the same position as the OP. When I went into various shops I couldnt find a thing as the racks were filled in a really ramshackle way. I ended up doing what the above post says, I got something nice but a bit plain. So I will dress it up with accessories. Blummin' weddings are so stressful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 339 ✭✭little lady

LK Bennet in Dundrum shopping center (out by the cinema) has some really lovely dresses. Got one there a couple of weeks ago for a wedding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Electric

Try Chica in the Westubury Mall, they have fabulous dresses!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

Reese at the end of Grafton street usually have nice bits in that you could wear for a wedding!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

i have got to second Reiss - they have lovely stuff :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 pocca

Is it ok for a guest to wear a long dress to August wedding . Its a bit like a maxi dress.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

I was at a wedding recently where half of my inlaws were dressed in Karen Millen, she is very good though.

Advertisement