Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

KoRns new album...

• 01-08-2007 10:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭

Right, its out, opinions?

Ive just bought it from iTunes, listened to it once in the car and wasnt entirely blown away (im devastated to say, im a die hard fan since John Kenny introduced "Blind" on the Metal show in 1994), but im listening to it on headphones now with no distractions and im liking it much better. Doesnt seem to have as many instantly catchy numbers as usual, but ill give it a bit of time and see how it goes...

And is it me or can i hear the difference in the drumming style with the new guy?

KoRn Head

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Its an ok album. I its the best album since issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

its a grower, give it time and see how ya like it. also ya should have bought the special edition cd, has a decent making of dvd with it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Ronan H

I rarely buy CDs nowadays, its all iTunes these days, having said that im surprised they didnt have that version of the album on iTunes, they usually do have the "extended" CDs there, Evanescence - Open Door album had some extra stuff... Ah well... Back to the headphones...

Headphone Head

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 836 ✭✭✭- bo -

I have it but can only listen to it at home since the mp3 player was sent away last weekend to be repaired :(

I think its a huge improvement on See You On The Other Side, but that couldnt be all too difficult, I think that was a terrible album. All the previous albums are better though.

After the shambles that was Korn in the tent at Download (for me anyways), I cant wait to see them again, they better come here in Jan/Feb when they come to Europe, especially since JD was taken sick last year before the RDS show.

Also, FAGET IS BACK ON THE SETLIST :D they said theyre now playing more album track and not just the singles, theyre on the Family Values at the moment in the US and are playing the likes of Fake, Trash, Bottled Up Inside, Ass Itch, Dead Bodies Everywhere, Good God. And their version of Another Brick In The Wall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

i listened to it on myspace, i was surprised to be honest at how good it was (what i mean as im not a fan at all of early Korn and havent heard theyre new stuff)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

got it today,am looking forward to listening to,have'nt had a chance to listen to yet,i heard the singles from the last album and was like ya im not gonna buy,but i sed to myself id give this one a go

Woohoo im really getting into it now, been listening to it loads, theres plenty good stuff to hear, still not 100% convinced on the drumming but there ya go. Much as i hate the phrase, i have to say "Its a grower..." :rolleyes:

They better bloody well come to Ireland soon, i was well pissed off when they missed the Metallica gig, that woulda been something special, Metallica and Korn on the same stage after eachother, i thought all my birthdays had come at once... ... ...obviously they hadnt :mad:. Korn owes me a birthday...bring it on lads...

HeAd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Having listened to it a number of times now, I can safely say its the best thing they've done since Issues. Load of class tracks on it (can't remember names for half of them yet) but one track that really stands out is the last one "I Will Protect You". That song really sounds like Korn going back to the Issues sound.

I'll give it 9/10 cause at last it looks as if we're going to get the old Korn back..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

how is Bozzio's drumming?

The drumming is actually top notch on this one. It makes the sound a lot different from when Silveria was behind the kit.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

Silveria was brilliant IMO. I am not the biggest KoRn fan in fairness, but what Silveria did on their debut album was fantastic

He's not gone forever, just taking a back seat for this record and tour. Used to be a huge Korn fan but kind of drifted further and further away with every record after Issues. This one though has real potential to bring their whole sound back into line.

I agree with that Bollox :p. Silveria is an incredible drummer, no doubt! Im not convinced about the new drumming though, its clearly a different style, which is fair enough as he is a different man, but i prefer Silverias drumming.

As for the album, i have listened to it loads now and i really like it, its actually one of only a few albums (another being Evanescence - The Open Door) that i can listen to from beginning to end without skipping over songs that just dont do it for me. Its not often that i find an album like that...

However, i miss the old style KoRn stuff, the stuff that just pounds and crunches with obliterating force. The newish sound sometimes sounds a little bit watery with too much jingly jangly sound, but i do like the album and thats whats important! Rock on...

Head

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 281 ✭✭Laserface

listeneing to this album now and it's good.
    Its a bit confusing as they are probably the first band in the world to have 2 self-titled albums

anyway..i'm glad Silveria is absent on this record..
    He was good up until issues, but from Untouchables on I personally think he is the one responsible for changing their sound so drastically.
    For example listen to his soul-crushing snare on issues....and then his wet dunnes stores bag snare on untouchables.
    rotten

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

listened to it once about 2 wks ago Did'nt really do anything for me,no song caught me or anything,i'll give it another listen tonight!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Just heard their new single there the other day.
    It was pretty good as I recall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Good to see a lot of positive reactions to the album. I have to say I loved their first album but drifted away from them slowly but surely. I'll definitely check this new album out.
    Also, I don't want to drag the thread too far off-topic but whatever happened to the Metal Show on 2FM? It used to go out on Sunday nights as I recall. Is there something similar on any more?

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭irish_boy90

i like the new album.
    am wondering what will be the second song they release off it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 500 ✭✭✭mc nuggets

Was listening to their single off it, i think its called evolution and it relly got me into to them. I wasn't really a fan the first time round but this is really good

its certainly a lot different from there pervious albums,i'll give them that,well i think it is anyway,maybe thats why i cant get into it :confused:

• Advertisement

As much as I like the single, their albums have been way too hit and miss as of late. I'm sick of buying albums that are half filler.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 238 ✭✭Music4life

I think its much better than see on the other side & take a look the mirror.It grows on you.Track 11 is unbelievable

Killing is an awesome track. I think the album is great. Very different from anything before.

Well I bought Untouchables when it was released, and then went to one hell of an awesome gig. I didn't love the album at first but it did grow on me ALOT over time.
    Take A Look In The Mirror had only two or three 'ok' songs on it and so I didn't bother with See You On The Other Side...Coming Undone being the only song I even know from that album.

I don't mind taking a chance but the track record hasn't been so good.

Laserface wrote:
    Its a bit confusing as they are probably the first band in the world to have 2 self-titled albums

:confused: Eh? Putting my neck on the line here as a "big fan" when i say that they dont have 2 self titled albums... The first one was self titled, the current one is called Untitled, all those in between are random...

Am i missing something? If so ill have to hang up my "big fan" t-shirt :eek:.

Korn Head

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭nonamemark

Everything has been rubbish since Issues I think, I'm not going to even bother with this. Suppose I've grown out of them.

Head wrote:
    :confused: Eh? Putting my neck on the line here as a "big fan" when i say that they dont have 2 self titled albums... The first one was self titled, the current one is called Untitled, all those in between are random...

Am i missing something? If so ill have to hang up my "big fan" t-shirt :eek:.

Korn Head

Well the new album isn't called untitled, it is untitled. Has no name....

Beekay wrote:
    Well the new album isn't called untitled, it is untitled. Has no name....

Fair point, i see what you are saying, i bought the album on iTunes so i havent got the cover of the CD. In iTunes "Untitled" comes up in the album name field so i assumed that was what they called it and that it was written on the cover. But i have just noticed that there is nothing written on the cover...

Maybe they are trying to be all mysterious...

iHead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

For me, It's Korn's best album in years, a return to form.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 836 ✭✭✭- bo -

Well I bought Untouchables when it was released, and then went to one hell of an awesome gig. I didn't love the album at first but it did grow on me ALOT over time.
    Take A Look In The Mirror had only two or three 'ok' songs on it and so I didn't bother with See You On The Other Side...Coming Undone being the only song I even know from that album.

I don't mind taking a chance but the track record hasn't been so good.

If you havent got anything before Untouchables definitely get it, its their best stuff I think. First album is one of my all time favourites, Life is Peachy is a cracking album as well as Follow The Leader.

Checking every fecking day for news of them coming to Europe!

Advertisement