Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ram worth selling?

Options
  • 02-08-2007 12:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭

I put two gigs of ram in a new pc,so I have two 512mb sticks of ram can I sell these will they work alright in another pc or are they even worth selling.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

That's a fairly broad question. It's like saying I bought two games in Gamestop, who wants to buy them. Far more detail is required - what type ram, what speed, etc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

I gots these cheeseburgers man.........:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭gerky

Sorry thought I had pasted in the details, is there any other info needed.
    Samsung 512MB 1Rx8 PC2-4200U-444-12-D3

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

yea you would get some case for that.. I got 30 euro for one 512mb stick of PC-3200

www.adverts.ie sell it there

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

Definitely wouldn't get 30 for one stick...

Check out Komplett, 43 euro new for 2x512mb of the same speed ram.

I'd say maybe 35 for the two sticks really...

• Advertisement

So if I advertised these what details do I put down I know feck all about the hardware end of pcs.
    Does it make any difference that these were in a new pc, as in they cant be used only with that pc or anything like that.

All you need to say it that its 2x512mb sticks of Samsung DDR2 Pc-4200 ram, with (this part is not really necessary but just in case) timings of 4-4-4-12. After that, its up to the buyer to know if its compatible or not, and no it doesn't matter in the slightest what PC they were in before, they'll work in any machine that accepts ddr2 ram...

Thanks HavoK
    Out of curiosity is there any particular way to post ram.

Advertisement