Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

UK Personalised Registration??

Options
  • 02-08-2007 12:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭

I’m considering buying a Car from UK. This car has a personalised Number plate which is being sold with the car. Obviously this plate will be of no use to me once I re-register the car here. This plate may be of interest to anyone with a similar car. Does anyone know if I can sell it back to UK.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Put it on retention before you bring the car to Ireland and re-register it, otherwise you will lose it. I presuming that the plate will have some sort of appeal to other people i.e. you will be able to sell it on? Don't go by what the plate valuer sites in the UK tell you too much, they tend to over-value most personalised numbers. Also, consider how long it might take you to sell and how difficult it may be doing it from Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Jomcc

Thanks for that. Was also considering checking if car seller would allow me something off the price. He could then sell it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

May be easier for the existing owner to keep the plate and get him to get a new number assigned to the car before he sells it to you. The DVLA would not put a plate on retention for me as I did not have a UK address. Only solution was to allow the existing owner to keep the number.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 fastnutz

If you want to know anything about UK personalised registrations, just look at these two sites.
    They are the best.
    www.cherishedregistrations.net
    www.carnumbers.piczo.com

Advertisement