Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Where to get a small welding job done?

Options
  • 02-08-2007 12:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know of anywhere (preferably around Dublin) that does good welding work? I need to get a small bit of piping re-attached to the engine manifold after it fell off, and would ideally like to get it reinforced so it doesn't happen again (in the near future, anyway).

I'm happy enough to remove the manifold and the bit of pipe myself, just looking for a good machine shop or welder who would be familiar with this type of work.. Any suggestions welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Mickk

I have a welder in Camden St if you wanted to have a go yourself, its fairly easy. I have found with such small jobs if you ring a machine shop they will tell you that they wouldn't do something so small but if you just turn up with it one of the lads will just do it, often for free, it should only take 30 seconds...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

Had my exhaust done for €25 in Templeogue Village in that tyre place beside the Petrol Station.

Cheap as chips and they did a good job. Problem is for certain exhausts you need a Tig welder (I think it's called).

Advertisement