Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Looks like rain in Hungary ?

• 02-08-2007 1:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 404 ✭✭

Watch out for a spectacular if it rains in Budapest !!

most 5-day and 10-day forecasts predict rain on either saturday or sunday, and some predict Both !!!!

Friday - Variable clouds, a thunderstorm
    Saturday - Rain
    Sunday - Overcast with showers and thunderstorms

15.gif

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭afatbollix

i love wet races

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Great. I need to find an umbrella.

NTM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 asian-monkey

Kimi's the best driver in Rain.. Alonso is not far behind... Lewis? i don't have the data. Massa is scared of rain. Rest? I don't care much :D

I seem to recall Massa used to be quite fond of rain.

In the meantime, wandering around Budapest this afternoon, I've found an excellent argument to hope that it doesn't rain. There are some seriously good-looking women here, and if it's dry, they don't wear much.

NTM

Well, it looks like it's going to rain tonight. When I left at 17:00 or so, the sky was ugly and it was starting to rain. That said, the Ferrari Technical Director told us (We have friends) that they're looking at about a mere 20% chance of rain tomorrow, and about the same the day after.

NTM

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,672 ✭✭✭Oblomov

Metar for Budapest.. most realible :

ID: LHBP Budapest/Ferihe, HU
    REPORT TIME: 3 16: 0
    VALID TIME: 4 AUG AT 00Z TO 00Z NEXT DAY
    INITIAL WX
    WINDS: 310 AT 13
    WEATHER: CAVOK
    TEMPORARY WX FROM 00Z TO 24Z
    WEATHER: -RA_-SHRA
    CLOUDS: 40 SCT
    CLOUDS: 80 BKN
    WX BECOMING FROM 03Z TO 06Z
    WINDS: 360 AT 7
    TEMPORARY WX FROM 11Z TO 16Z
    WINDS: 120 AT 10
    WEATHER: PROB
    COMMENTS: 30
    TEMPORARY WX FROM 13Z TO 18Z
    WIND: VARIABLE AT 18 GUST 28
    VISIBILITY: 3.1 MILES
    WEATHER: SHRA_TRSA
    CLOUDS: 30 BKN WITH CB
    WX BECOMING FROM 16Z TO 19Z
    WINDS: 20 AT 8
    COMMENTS: =

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,672 ✭✭✭Oblomov

Coming to you live from the track...

Ferrari are saying that they're expecting rain at some stage during qualifying, but a dry race. Expecting that they're going to have an interesting problem: Do they set up for wet, so they get a good qualifying position, or dry, for race strategy? And how will this compare to everyone else?

Incidently, we rented out a 'kangaroo TV'. www.kangaroo.tv Never go to a GP without one, certainly if you don't have a seat with a big-screen TV. Thing is pretty sweet.

NTM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭v10

Incidently, we rented out a 'kangaroo TV'. www.kangaroo.tv Never go to a GP without one, certainly if you don't have a seat with a big-screen TV. Thing is pretty sweet.
    Excellent Idea .. how much did it cost to rent it ? Are they available at every race ?

Can't say it's a happy mood in the Ferrari box this afternoon. Have determined that Kimi seems as cheerful in the flesh as on TV. Oh well. Household 6 has gotten Vettel's John Hancock, and that of Peter Windsor as well.

Kangaroo cost E15 for the Fri, E50 for Sat, and E60 for Sun, with a weekend fee of E75. Of course, the signs only tell you for 'today' and 'weekend', they don't advertise on Fri that the cost will drastically go up Sat. According to the lad at the stand, they bring about 1,500 of them to each race that they attend, they've been to four so far. Silverstone, they ran out of them. Apparently it's a Canadian company, they started off the idea at NASCAR and NFL, and it seemed popular, so they branched out. Clever people, those Canadians.

NTM

• Advertisement
Advertisement