Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which CZ???

Options
  • 02-08-2007 1:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭

Ok Lads and Ladies,
    I'm getting shot of the air rifle (pardon the pun). And from reading alot of the threads i've made up my mind to get a CZ 452 .22
    But which varient and why.
    The floor is open.......

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hezz700

What type of shooting do you intend to do? Target? Hunting? Both?

Have you had the opportunity to try out different rifles?

Its important to get a feel for your intended purchase to see if its comfortable for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭rabbit Stew

Hiya HEZZ
    I'll be doing a bit of target but mostly bunny control. Don't really know how i'd go about trying rifles out. I'm looking at the LUX version, purely on astetics though. It needs to be functional (i.e. take a moderator and scope) but it needn't special ops standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Umiq88

They all function exactly the same so whatever takes your fancy.

Personnally i'd go with either the sillouette or the lux scoping the lux can cause difficulty's though with the irons but shouldnt be a problem really

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

A note of caution about iron sights. If you intend to use a scope mounted lamp you could get light reflected back into your scope enabling you to see absolutely nothing. May not apply to Lux but it did to my Sako.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭de_shadow

I went with the style version plastic stock nickled finish barrel and no fixed sights and threaded for sound mod. i have it 2 1/2 years and couldn,t be happier used for both bunnies and target.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

The 452 Lux looks like my old Brno which I've had for twenty odd years and still works great.

Personally I don't like the plastic stocks, a rifle to me means walnut ;)

Alternatively, if you can get one, the Varmint looks like it would perform very well on targets as well as bunnies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 tommym

the varmint is great for target,even better for hunting,great gun.

Advertisement