Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hungry Grand Prix - Have a medium slice of this.

Options
  • 02-08-2007 1:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 404 ✭✭

Right, first of all, we must take a look at the weather forecast for the week-end. Most will automatically assume that its going to be hot and sunny,.....and so it may, but over the last few days the forecast's being changing.
    t_hungaroring.jpg
    Now most sites are offering a market called "Number of finishers" .
    All sites should offer : "To finish in the Points"

In the event of rain,.... around this go-kart style circuit, we can expect no more than 10-12 finishers .
    Its already nutorioisly slippy and dirty at the best of times.

http://www.budapest.com/weather.htm
    http://www.weather.com/outlook/travel/businesstraveler/tenday/HUXX0002?from=36hr_outlet_business
    http://www.accuweather.com/world-forecast.asp?partner=accuweather&traveler=0&locCode=EUR|HU|HU006|BUDAPEST&metric=1

fripic7.jpg

Now , watch carefully the weather, cause you need to find out :
    (a) before the bookie
    (b) before the tv viewers.

How ?..: webcam

http://www.123cam.com/live-webcam.php?var=2400&site=http://speed.eik.bme.hu/livecam/

make sure you check it long before the tv coverage opens and you'll be ahaed of so many punters.

The bookies dont take f1 all that seriously , especially when you have so much else on tv of a saturday afternoon / sunday Mid -day !!

Of course , it may stay dry and end up being a totally pointless topic in the short term.
    So go Under 15.5 cars to finish..... Only if you see rain .
    Just be aware that a car cap blow up 2 laps from the end and still be classified as finishing due to the amount of cars lapped during the race.

B-Hop

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 404 ✭✭Bernard Hopkins

Other options include markets such as :
    To finish in the Points
    To be classified
    To finish on the podium.

VC's are offering 25/1 on "The field"........... being everybody else except Ferrari and Mc Laren.

So even a sniff of precipitation , should reward you handsomely.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Great stuff BH. I'm really getting into betting on the grand prix after a divine intervention last time by God which subsequently made Massa mess up in the rain.

One thing though. Robbed this off Wikipedia:

"Taking place at the twisty Hungaroring near Budapest, the race has been a mainstay of the racing calendar. Run in the heat of a central European summer, it also holds the distinction of being the only current Grand Prix venue that had never seen a wet race up until the 2006 Hungarian Grand Prix."

I agree with you though, that if the rain starts coming down we will be laughing.

(Does Indian rain dance around TV room).

well,... expect strange weather patterns all over the world, tradition in weather means zilch these days.
    there'e too many humans in the world,..... too much deforestation, ozone destruction, un-natural intervention, you name it.
    the natural balance of the world is being funked up fast, and nature is reacting.

who would of thought about the tsunami, huricane katrina, Irelands wettest summer ever, britain's floods in the middle of the summer ?? to name but a few.
    even our winter's are mild all of a sudden.

You know, its probably going to be dry, but if it isnt...... im going to try and be there to find out first (apart from the Hungarians themselves:)0

The last race was great,.... managed to back Alonso on boyles after the second rain session came along. 5/1 on boyles , and 2.65 on betfair.
    just bought and sold. lovely free bet.

Another great thing to do, is to flick between setanta and itv , generally with setanta Ireland, ... because they often pick up on information before the ITV commentators.

Gary Anderson knew the rules inside out during the last race, and was able to inform veiwers about the new rule allowing Hamilton to re-pass the field and the saftey car and unlap himself.

some buffoon offered 44Euro on lewis @ 1000 ,....... he was trading @ 6.5 within 3-4 minutes.

i snapped him in the mid 40's for something small and sold, leaving myself a heafty free bet. which didnt pay-off , as hamilton didnt win , but it made the race more interesting for me , if nothing else.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Might be an idea to keep an eye on this site:

http://www.worldweather.org/017/c00060.htm

Official weather from Budapest from the Hungarian weather people. Conflicts with the BBC's who say that it will be sunny on Saturday and Sunday.

Will leave it until tomorrow.

• Advertisement

yeah i noticed that,.the bbc were the only ones predicting a flawless sunshine weekend.
    the funny thing is, people wouuld normally assume BBC as being the credible source.

BTW, Friday's session does usually hold a lot of clue's to the pattern of the week-end, but i think it will mean even less this time round.
    its all about letting the the back field clean the track ,.... watch the time difference set between friday's best lap and saturdays best lap.
    will be 2-3 seconds in Hungry I'd imagine.

Im going to hold on till Saturday morning, and catch the 3rd practice before i start backing.

Testing shows that Ferrari are the better car on longer straighter circuits, whilst Mc Laren have a dominence of the tighter twistier tracks.

Only, i do believe Ferrari are the quicker car on average ,at the moment.

what do you think about a Honda Points finish this Hungary ?
    Boyles are ok @ 7/2 each driver.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

VC's are offering 25/1 on "The field"........... being everybody else except Ferrari and Mc Laren.

im a complete novice can you explain this bet please? are they giving you 25-1 that everyone will finish or that everyone will not finish or am i way off?

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭badbrian

Basically VC are giving you 25/1 if you think ANYONE can win the Grand Prix other than the Ferrari or McLaren Drivers.

However I didn't see it, or any Hungary GP odds, when I checked their website this morning (and by this I mean the offer was there but they will make a new market at the end of today's session).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

aha that makes much more sense

• Registered Users Posts: 10,519 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

The weather isn't clear cut hot and sunny for sure but looking at the forecasts from the uk met office it "should" stay dry. There may be a few clouds about perhaps some drizzle at most but nothing major. Hopefully this post doesn't come back and bite me in the you know where.
    On a side note if their forecasts are correct central Europe should be getting thunderstorms at the beginning of next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

18 finish, lovely day.

Yeah,...and i slept it out till after 2 pm.......
    if Mc laren dont have points deducted in the apeal, it will be a race to back the contructors championship markets.

Whats the possibility of the spying apeal ?...... is that a serious threat against this years constructors markets?

Advertisement