Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

possible recording space for home recordists.

Options
  • 02-08-2007 9:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭

Anyone looking for recording studio space?

I have a space in town. This is the former home of GS Recs and Creamy Sonic Studios. It is becoming available from the first of Sept. I am figuring out what to do with the space and I would like for it to remain a recording studio but I personally do not have the time now to run a studio full time. I thought I would put this out there.

If there are any home rerecords, or anyone who records, has gear, but needs a space to do it in - I could let this out on a shared basis. I have a decent desk in there (soundcraft ghost), a hand full of mic stands and leads and the multicores running between the rooms. I could put a pair of monitors, and computer monitor, and a couple mics.

People could take the room on a limited basis. Something like every monday night or he second week of every month - I haven't quite worked it out yet and it would really depend on interest.

If there is any interest or questions post up here.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Niall - Dahlia

Hey man, I'd be interested if there was the possibility of a weekend day available every week, especially Sundays, but I imagine you'd be using it yourself at weekends?

Have you a figure in mind for rent? Bills? Storage of equipment?

By the way is this the place just off Exchequer Street? I've never been in Creamy Sonic but I've been in the rooms there that some bands rent out. How does the studio room compare to them? Or is it all the one?

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Creamy Sonic

Was thinking along the lines of 75 for the weekdays (evenings only) and 100 for the weekend days. That would include minimal gear (the desk mic stands and leads anyway). Haven't really thought of storage. I suppose I could make some room but I don't think it would be secure (hopefully it would just be a few people taking turns, and a bit of a community could develop). I have had several people contact me regrading taking the whole place so that might be the easier option at this stage. This is similar to the rest of the rooms. It is probably the biggest and has a smaller room off of it for a control room. the multi-cores are wired into the control room.

Thanks for the reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Niall - Dahlia

Well I'd be interested in a regular weekend day at €100 if you do decide on doing it like that, because I've been looking at renting them rooms out before (think Thom Brunkard was renting space out?) for a more permanent recording space, but obviously there's alot of other details like deposits, bills and length of rent etc that I'd have to know about. Shoot me a PM when you have a definite price and plan sorted out and sure I'll keep an eye on this thread and the one on gigsmart. Cheers dude.

Will let you know. There is a crowd how seem pretty set on taking the whole place. I think they will be looking for one or two to come in with them. If they take it I will pass your info along to them.

I'll let you know the scoop either way.

Peter

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭dav nagle

I am very interested, have you any more information please?

• Advertisement

THANKS FOR THE INTEREST. EVERYTHING IS SORTED AT THE MOMENT. Sorry for the caps.

If anything comes available I'll check this thread and let you know.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭dav nagle

Advertisement