Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT New Prices

Options
  • 02-08-2007 9:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭

I got a letter in the post from BT advising of their new prices. It seems talk and 2mb broadband is now €46 but that does not included €2.50 per month discount for online billing. So it's actually €43.50 a month now.

thats an increase of €3.50 a month

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Salmon

Fair enough, but when I got the bill this month it was overcharged by about €59. They always seem to get every second bill wrong for me! I wouldnt mind but I just use the line for internet and it should be the same each month, but every second month its overcharged. How come they never charge me less than the proper amount???????

/rant over!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

dubmick wrote:
    I got a letter in the post from BT advising of their new prices. It seems talk and 2mb broadband is now €46 but that does not included €2.50 per month discount for online billing. So it's actually €41 a month now.

I can't really complain about €1 increase.
    46 minus 2.50 doesn't make 41.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

Salmon wrote:
    Fair enough, but when I got the bill this month it was overcharged by about €59. They always seem to get every second bill wrong for me! I wouldnt mind but I just use the line for internet and it should be the same each month, but every second month its overcharged. How come they never charge me less than the proper amount???????

/rant over!

you have to ring the bank and cancel the direct debit, then send them a check of the correct ammount every second month, once the direct debit is working they'll just take what they want

• Registered Users Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭dubmick

kaizersoze wrote:
    46 minus 2.50 doesn't make 41.:D

yeah I was thinking it was a fiver (two months) so it's actually gone up €3.50 per month. That's an 8.75% increase!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭branners69

€1 isnt too bad, just a p1sser to see the price drop in the uk and the new prices over there of €37 for an unlimited 8mb connection!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

I get 1mb for €20 pm. price for that still looks the same.

Its listed as €22.50, but the note for the online billing discount is still at the bottom.
    BT Linky
    Please note that Broadband prices do not include online bill discount of €2.50 per month. If you wish to avail of this discount you will need to register for it on btireland.ie once your service has gone live.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

One of the guys I know was saying that the reason BT billing is so bad is that one guy has the all the code for their billing system or at least to the error codes for it and won't give them to anyone else.

So basically everything goes through him when he feels like it, if he feels like it and there's nothing BT can do about it (other than building a new working billing system obviously).

So I wouldn't expect them to sort it out. I'd move provider if I was getting overcharged every second month. Its not worth it to save a few euros.

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭rahtkennades

Salmon wrote:

/rant over!

I was being overcharged by €4.99 each bill (€2.50 a month) since I got it. I called them after the last bill to ask them what the story was. The guy hummed and hawed and explained about how they add on and subtract and divide by the square root of pi and some such, until I asked him to explain why it wasn't just €40 * 2 = €80. He then agreed that I was being overcharged, and said he'd get it rebated on my next bill.

Fair play, he was good to his word on the rebate. Trouble is, they're still overcharging me by €4.99!!!!:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

must be nearly 2 years since i started dealing with bt, I got rid of them as soon as i contractually could.

you'd imagine they would have improved by now, maybe they dislike irish people, and are trying to screw us all

• Registered Users Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭dubmick

I was being overcharged by €4.99 each bill (€2.50 a month) since I got it. I called them after the last bill to ask them what the story was. The guy hummed and hawed and explained about how they add on and subtract and divide by the square root of pi and some such, until I asked him to explain why it wasn't just €40 * 2 = €80. He then agreed that I was being overcharged, and said he'd get it rebated on my next bill.

Fair play, he was good to his word on the rebate. Trouble is, they're still overcharging me by €4.99!!!!:mad:

mate you are not getting the €2.50 per month discount for online billing. Do you get your bill posted to you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭rahtkennades

dubmick wrote:
    mate you are not getting the €2.50 per month discount for online billing. Do you get your bill posted to you?

AAAAAHHHHHHHH...... Now you'd think somebody would TELL you these things...!!!:o :rolleyes:

Thanks Mick!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Salmon wrote:
    Fair enough, but when I got the bill this month it was overcharged by about €59. They always seem to get every second bill wrong for me! I wouldnt mind but I just use the line for internet and it should be the same each month, but every second month its overcharged.
    How come they never charge me less than the proper amount???????

/rant over!

There is a song to be written about BT (Billing Turmoil:rolleyes: )
    And your final sentence would make an excellent chorus for it.

Don't forget if they wrong bill you and you pay by direct debit you can complain to your bank and instruct them to reverse the direct debit. Direct debits are a godsend for companies who misbill and they should not be allowed to get away with it!

www.ipso.ie if you want to complain further.

Useful link for direct debit information:http://www.ipso.ie/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=35&Itemid=172

• Registered Users Posts: 43 mendo

I was overcharged with 2.50 euro a month from the first day I've got the service, even though I've subscribed to the online billing from the begining.

It was never 80 euro for two months, but instead 85 euro.

You can ring them but it wont get fixed.

I've never got a paper bill.

Mendo

Advertisement