Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FS: Saracen Morzine - 54cm

Options
  • 02-08-2007 10:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭

99.5% new Saracen Morzine - Most parts upgraded and the bikes been used just twice, which was before the parts were even changed out!

Ritchey Zero wheelset - new, never used
    Schwalbe armoured tyres & tubes - new, never used
    Tiagra double crankset & chainrings - new, never used
    Tiagra brake calipers with 105 pads - new, never used
    105 rear derailleur - new, never used
    105 rear cassette - new, never used
    Sora 8sp levers, Sora front derailleur, never used
    42cm ITM handlebars, 85mm stem etc., never used
    Carbon seatpost & Selle saddle - New, never used
    Clarke/105 cable-set - New, never used
    Sachs chain - New, never used.

Nice bike in 'as new' condition - just 3 tiny paint chips on the frame from packing in the car. Aero profiled tubes etc. The bike is like it was just carried out of the shop. I just haven't used it and would like the 'bike space' back in my apartment for something new.

Very reasonable price of €700 (no offers) - Perfect starter bike for triathlon or just road training. I could put a higher price on the advert and let you haggle me down, but instead, I'll just put the very fair price I'd sell it for instead! ;)

Viewing welcome in Stillorgan area, near Sandyford LUAS station etc. If you've to travel to see it and you actually buy the bike, I'll help you get home/to a train station/bus aras etc.

Anyone who has bought a bike from me will attest to the accurate description of condition and that I'm a nice guy to deal with.

Cheers,

Gil

Edit - Typo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

great spec, good luck with sale!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭BeardyGit

@Rasta - That bike is a completely different model anyway....Even at base specification.

The bike was bought in The Cycle Inn in Tallaght, minus seatpost/saddle, pedals for €450 (€150 off the actual retail of the bike at the time) while Mick was on his holidays last year. I have a receipt for this. The bike was one that'd been there quite some time and was well dusty, sitting on soft tyres etc. Anyone who knows the shop will know it's not quite their thing really....

I moved the original Rigida/Miche hubs onto an old Peugeot bike (as they're heavy) and replaced them with a new pair of Ritcheys, purchased with new tyres and tubes in the Cycle Super Store in Tallaght. Receipt again is available. These cost €160. That's €610 so far in case you can't add.

After that, the seatpost was bought in the bike part of Motorcare in Stillorgan for €50, the saddle in Cycleways (or was it cyclogical perhaps) for €30 (afaicr), cable set in Halfords for €30 etc.

The Sora derailleur and cassette was replaced with a much nicer 105 from CRC, along with the Tiagra cranks, new stem, slightly wider bars etc....I replaced the Tektro brake calipers with much tidier Tiagra ones, with the upgraded 105 pads and moved the old Sora/Tektro kit over onto the old Peugeot. I have a picture of that bike somewhere here too of course....And I can print a copy of this receipt from CRC too. Along with the chain and other bits and bobs, shimano pedals etc., that receipt was just over €300.

So, if you add all that up, you'll see that my price is actually quite fair. And I have receipts for everything. Unlike the third hand bike you tried selling for more than twice what it cost you RasTa....without a receipt....no history etc.

Now kindly sod off and stop thread spoiling.

Gil

Drapper wrote:
    mods, please clean up thread, spoiling going on here!

Thanks Drapper, but it's okay - I kind of was asking for it I guess. Let's all let bygones be bygones and all that.

Incidentally folks, that bike in RasTa's link works out at €530 at todays exchange rate plus €55 postage to Dublin. For the extra €115 for my bike, you'll get lighter wheels, better cranks, brakes, seatpost and saddle, tyres, derailleur, cassette etc - Second hand, but not used.....Kind of like those new cars people sell for a discount when they win a raffle - Secondhand technically, but never used....

Anyway, I know which one I'd buy! :D I'll sweeten the deal by throwing in a Polar cs100 HRM kit, with a new chest sender if the deal's done this weekend - Otherwise my brother will be taking it away on Sunday when he comes to visit (The HRM, not the bike).

I'll post some pictures later today. I know you lot like yer pictures. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

Gil_Dub wrote:
    Second hand, but not used.....Kind of like those new cars people sell for a discount when they win a raffle - Secondhand technically, but never used....
    I know what you mean by selling a "second-hand" car won in a raffle.

Almost ten years ago I won a Ford Focus in a credit union draw at work (2nd biggest credit union in the country). I did not have the car. I had the right to go to the garage, decide the colour, and take it. That was what I was selling at about a 20% discount off new price - a new car, not yet delivered.

Finally I sold it to someone who had worked in the same company but who had left to start a family and knew it was a real bargain.

Almost everyone who phoned asked what mileage was on the car, and did not believe me.

Good luck with the sale. Anyone who is interested should call out and have a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭Ghost Rider

What's the mileage on this bike?

Only joshin. Any chance of those pictures...?
    kincsem wrote:
    I know what you mean by selling a "second-hand" car won in a raffle.

Almost ten years ago I won a Ford Focus in a credit union draw at work (2nd biggest credit union in the country). I did not have the car. I had the right to go to the garage, decide the colour, and take it. That was what I was selling at about a 20% discount off new price - a new car, not yet delivered.

Finally I sold it to someone who had worked in the same company but who had left to start a family and knew it was a real bargain.

Almost everyone who phoned asked what mileage was on the car, and did not believe me.

Good luck with the sale. Anyone who is interested should call out and have a look.

• Advertisement

Sure thing - forgot about an appointment last night which kept me out late. Will dig out the fuji this evening when I get home from work....

Right lads - The camera's playing up, so I can only put up this one photo. Note, this saddle is my old faithful, and it'll stay with me. There's a brand new Selle racing saddle to go on the bike instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Nice looking bike.

I cleaned up the thread some. (Let it be a lesson to us all to avoid thread spoiling...)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

wow looks in great condition pity im broke and lazy(have had a puncture for 2 weeks and just cant bring myself to fix it) or id take it off your hands

Spread the word on this one folks if you don't mind - I need to replace my write off car.... :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

ebay is good, just put a reserve on it. Although the people usually go nuts for the "brand" names.

Thanks - I'll head off to ebay if it's not shifted by the weekend I guess.

Right lads - I'll take €650 for this rothár (minus HRM - The bro took it as mentioned) if the deal's done by the end of the weekend, otherwise I'm off to ebay to flog my wares....

Ta,

Gil

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

advertise on www.mtbireland.com and www.epicmtb.com

mtb clubs read allot but lots of lads get road bike to train on too!

Folks - Down to 600, and I'll throw in a brand new Conti folding tyre, tubes and a track pump to seal the deal at that price.....

Can now deliver you and the bike home in the Greater Dublin area. First to see this bike with buy it...

Gil

Hi all,

Got a call from someone not on boards who's interested in this bike - If you're interested, shout out here and get in touch before it's too late!

Gil

Sold - to someone not on boards for €550...

thanks for looking.

Advertisement