Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Volvo S60

Options
  • 02-08-2007 11:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭

Hi guys n' gals,

I can't access auto trader or buy & sell or anything like that here at work (stupid filter) and I'm wondering how much I should be prepared to pay for a Volvo S60 2nd hand (2.0T Saloon)? It is '03 and has 10k on the clock (mostly urban miles I imagine). Perfect condition with a tiny pebble dent on one of the back doors. It's a friend that is selling it and I think it's a good deal but want to double check with those in the know.

Thanks!
    Gumby.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

hmmm, a troll?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Bloody hell, 10k miles on a 2003 S60 turbo is very low for such a car, is it genuine mileage?

Prices on carzone range from the being cheap for high milers to silly money for D5 models so it is hard to tell. If I was to make a guess I would say between €15.5k and €16k private. Maybe you should ring a Volvo dealer and ask them what the book value is on that model.

I presume it has leather, alloys and climate control, having/not having these will influence it's resale value.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭Gumbyman

I'll have another look at it this evening to check out the alloys but I think that climate control comes as standard. I had a look in and it is either leather or very realistic imitation leather! As I say, I know the seller and this is definitely genuine mileage. Never really used it. I don't want to ask him about it unless I'm sure I'm interested as I don't want any hassle with him.

Could a Volvo dealer give me a book price on a car like that taking into account the year and mileage? The guy has been looking for 20k but I reckon I could get him down to 15/16. It sounds like a bargain at that price to me (new they retail at 38k).

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Gumbyman wrote:
    I'll have another look at it this evening to check out the alloys but I think that climate control comes as standard. I had a look in and it is either leather or very realistic imitation leather! As I say, I know the seller and this is definitely genuine mileage. Never really used it. I don't want to ask him about it unless I'm sure I'm interested as I don't want any hassle with him.

Could a Volvo dealer give me a book price on a car like that taking into account the year and mileage? The guy has been looking for 20k but I reckon I could get him down to 15/16. It sounds like a bargain at that price to me (new they retail at 38k).

€20k is very optimistic indeed imo. I don't think the low mileage will warrant that price to be honest.

Give a dealer a ring and tell him/her you need the book value of a similar car for insurance purposes.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,684 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Book value on a 2003 Volvo S60 2.0T SE with 45,000 miles on is an incredibly unrealistic €19,600. S Model with half leather and smaller alloys comes in at €17,800.

€16 - 16.5k sounds fair to me, but I'd make sure that mileage is correct - 2.5k per year?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Did I tell you all that an ex cop car 2005 reg S60 sold at Merlin Auctions for 5.5k in their last police auction.... now that's a deal, roll on the next auction when they're selling their bmw's.... that's what I say!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭Gumbyman

Wow! Who are these Merlin people? And when is their next sale?

I was looking on CBG at lunch there and there's nothing directly comparable in terms of mileage but I reckon this car is worth 17k. Markets aside, it is practically a new car. Mileage is gospel. I reckon I'm going to do it. Now my next question, how much do you think I could get for my 99 Focus with just shy of 60k on the clock? 1.4 petrol. Very well minded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

merlincarauctions.ie - but beware buying ex garda stock....

Advertisement