Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

car alarm?

Options
  • 02-08-2007 11:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

hi
    I was wondering if anyone knew of a cheapish garage or something similar where i can get an old car alarm taken out and a new one fitted- the problem is that when i bought my car (honda civic) it had alarm but the alarm was put in by previous owner and obviously he hadnt a clue what he was doing because he cut the cords in door panel which allow the doors to lock from the inside! so know i have a car with alarm, but no way of lockin it when im actually in the car- very safe! :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

aish wrote:
    hi
    I was wondering if anyone knew of a cheapish garage or something similar where i can get an old car alarm taken out and a new one fitted- the problem is that when i bought my car (honda civic) it had alarm but the alarm was put in by previous owner and obviously he hadnt a clue what he was doing because he cut the cords in door panel which allow the doors to lock from the inside! so know i have a car with alarm, but no way of lockin it when im actually in the car- very safe! :eek:

Your best bet is probably to have a good auto electrician to have a look at the wiring first and see if he can do anything with it. Your local goldenpages might be of use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

normally you are supposed to add a mottor into the door for the CL, but he probably used the original motor instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

What year civic?Does the central locking work from the fob?

Advertisement