Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leto will play in Rotterdam Tournament

• 02-08-2007 12:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭

Leto received his European passport and can play tomorrow against Shanghai. Good news! :D
    Source

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 933 ✭✭✭dardoz

was glad to read this alrit. I was wondering why there was no sign of him until now.

What was the hold up? The usual work permit stuff?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭event

is he this years gonzalez?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

event wrote:
    Probably. The guy who does the South America column (Tim Vickery?) wasn't too impressed by him. But who knows, he might do a Voronin and surprise us all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I did'nt even know we'd signed some kid called Leto! :o

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,081 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

we got him ages and ages ago, loaned him back to his own club Lanus.

The Tim Vickery comment, while not the best, wasn't too damning either. He jsut said that as far as Argentinian wonderkids go, Leto wasn't really one of them, but then he is only 2 million. He's not an all flash player. He was more described as a tall left sided midfield player (not strictly out and out winger) with decent feet and a booming left foot. I watched that extended match highlights (well, 6 minutes) of a game (i think Lanus V Boca) that was doing the rounds a while back and he looked grand, fought back for the ball, made a few bursting runs up the field, a bit raw still though. He had a good cross on him at least. Apparantly he's a good header as well.

<edit> heres that video V Boca anyway http://youtube.com/watch?v=B5HfXULDSD4
    he's the tall long haired guy on the left.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

event wrote:
    Well, let's give the lad a chance first.

Advertisement