Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has our pre-season been tough enough?

Options
  • 02-08-2007 2:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭

this season we are tryin to break into the top 4 and in my opinion if were going to do that we will be taking arsenals place cause i do feel manu ,chelsea nd Liv are that good bit stronger than us.

So i started thinkin back to how poor we were at the start of last season...the pre-season last year we won 7 games before the league started and hopes were very high...we got 4pts from the first 6 games in the league..:( :(:( ...!!!

if look at our pre-season this year compared to arsenals i dont think were being given a good test.

Arsenal are playing...Paris St Germain, Inter Milan, Lazio, Ajax.

tottenham are playing...Torino( who? ), Leyton Orient, Orlando Pirates, Kaizer Chiefs.

i am worried that we might have another slow start this season cause of the poor teams we have played. arsenal will get off to a good start and i dont want to be chasing them thru the season.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭galinka

They sure did not impress me on Monday in Cork. I'd say Spurs are a good bet to be top of league after week 1 - even allowing for Mido!

Pre-season is about fitness and interchanging of players. I doubt if results mean much - particularly as some European league have later KO dates.

I think Torino is a good fixture this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Didn't we play Inter, Dortmund and Real Sociedad last season? Didn't do us any favours come the start of the season proper.

I make Andrew right, doesn't matter who you play its how you prepare that matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

pre season is about getting match fitness and gelling as a team.
    no good getting darren bent in and wondering why he cant score when we didnt realise he cant play with keane or defoe.

and yes, we did a load of teams last year as well. wasnt celta vigo in there as well? anyway, the start of last season was a shambles for some reason, and GMJ seems to learn from his mistakes, so i am hoping for a really strong performance from the word go.

Advertisement