Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Biggest fashion faux pas

• 02-08-2007 2:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 582 ✭✭✭

Whats the worst thing you've ever chosen to wear? (not including anything your parents made you wear!)
    Mine was a silver pvc mini skirt, a jacket resembling cookie monster, and there were a few dodgy pairs of tights floating around my wardrobe at one point...one pair had a picture of cows all over them and another was a rather fetching army print!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭girloperfection

All the awful memories are coming back! I had a long denim jacket, when i say long i mean below my knee! Also used to wear fishnet tights with whore boots and a black mini skirt!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭artnotort

i had those furry boots
    only ever wore them out once though
    still have them too

might come in handy one halloween

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭lady_j

cycling shorts... multicoloured cycling shorts to be precise.

I was ten, but thats no excuse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Lola123

descry wrote:
    cycling shorts... multicoloured cycling shorts to be precise.

I was ten, but thats no excuse

Oh yes, I remember those! Did ya choose to wear them though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭artnotort

i certainly did. loved them

had a pair in every colour

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

When I was fourteen I had those big platform runners from Buffalo in purple which I wore with tight bootcut purple trousers from Miss Selfridge and a large purple puffa jacket. It was hideous, I looked like a walking ribena acrton. Then I got called "purpy" at the bus stop in Stillorgan and I never wore it again. I should have thanked those skangers that were so mean to me about it, they saved me from fashion hell"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

oops.. double post!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭boffin

oh my god, all the horrible memories are rushing back!! As a child I always dressed myself and worse still my mother let me...the one that comes to mind straight way is...

Around seven I remember I was obsessed with this dress that I made my mother buy and preceded to wear it to every occassion I could...so there is unfortunatly loads of photographic evidence of my crime..on the top half it had large thick stripes of lime green and neon lemon... and then the skirt part was a puff ball with purple and yellow neon pocka dots all over it. I then paired it with emerald green tights just to make it even more hideous!!

I also owned a pink silky tracksuit set...got it from America and thought I was the business!!
    I also wore those black and white stripey knee high socks...oh the shame of it all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

For a short period I walked around in a cowboy trail coat

traildustercoat.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

All the awful memories are coming back! I had a long denim jacket, when i say long i mean below my knee! Also used to wear fishnet tights with whore boots and a black mini skirt!

Hello.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

remember them baggy jeans called x-worx or something like that.

yeh them, i wore them *runs away*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Cremo wrote:
    remember them baggy jeans called x-worx or something like that.

yeh them, i wore them *runs away*

Wow- that's about 15 years or so ago. Heh I remember them. All the wannabe skangers wore them....... do you have something to tell us Cremo????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

yeh i did wear very skangery clothes until i was about 12 shame to say it.

all has changed now though :D

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Skangers and x-worx? Nonsense. I went to a protestant school with not a ruffian in sight, and everyone wore them at some point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

i once wore a tracksuit while not engaging in sport!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

I once wore an oversized american football jersey and a huge white Phat Farm (hip hop style) hoody............to a local hurling club match. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I wore one of those forrible khaki-coloured army jackets with the German flag on them, I mut have looked so butch!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,206 ✭✭✭jos28

You think you looked butch. I wore a duffle coat- In my defence your honour, it was the 1970s.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭~nop~

flourescent pink parachute pants

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Full suit with sunglasses in a nightclub...

Seriously guys, it just doesn't work.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Lola123

~nop~ wrote:
    flourescent pink parachute pants

The ones with all the stringy things hanging off them? I had a pair of those...and not too long ago!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Niamho!

oh jesus....lol.
    when i was about 12 i went out in red and White Horizontal Striped Cycling Shorts....A Multi-colour Vertical Stripe T-shirt and Cream Canvas Boots that kind had the General Cat Boot look about them. Oh mother of God i should have been shot on sight.

then there was the 4 times too baggy fake Levi's and Michael Jackson T-shirt....mother of goD!!! :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Niamho!

Lola123 wrote:
    The ones with all the stringy things hanging off them? I had a pair of those...and not too long ago!!!
    I had them in Cerise Pink!!! i LOVED them at the time!! and i remember figting with myself about the amount of money they cost....i think they were €70 at the time! lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Electric

I'm discounting anything that I wore before the age of 14 cos I didn't buy it therefore it's not my fault.....though there was that one time I begged my Mum to buy me this pink and green shell tracksuit (though does that count if you thought you looked good?)

(takes a deep breath)

I did (and it pains me to admit this) own and wear a pair of dungarees....ok bring on the laughing

Advertisement