Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dolphins in Kilcoole?

Options
  • 02-08-2007 2:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭

Was i seeing things or did i see a dolphin in the sea beside Kilcoole train station yesterday morning, 7:30 ish?
    I was sitting in the commuter train ready to move on and i saw it come up maybe 4 or 5 times.

Anyone else seen or heard of this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭jellybean520

Is this the place where there are meant to be dogs befriending the dolphin and swimming with him/her?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 3 Bags Full

Probally a seal,seen a few down there before,

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,440 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

There are a load of dolphins around Wicklow at the moment. Haven't seen one myself, but I have heard rumblings of such things.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Murtinho

Definitely wasnt a seal, was more light blue than black and had a distinct fin, was very close to the shore aswell btw.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

i have heard rumours about dolphins but havent seen any myself. you must have been one of the lucky ones to actually see them

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Kilcooleman

I walk on the beach in Kilcoole about twice a week for the last few years and have seen Dolphin's twice, seals are far more common and we see them every few months. You most likly did see a Dolphin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

Yeah It's been in the bray people a few times with pics and stuff about dolphins being in Kilcoole!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

not saying it wasn't a dolphin but I use to live in Kilcoole and spent alot of time down at the beach watching Porposises(SP??). They are very like dolphins but smaller!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I've seen plenty of porpoises too all along the coast from Killiney down to Greystones, but never a dolphin.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

Murtinho wrote: »
    Definitely wasnt a seal, was more light blue than black and had a distinct fin, was very close to the shore aswell btw.

Did it look like this :D

2-wheel-wheelie-bins.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

i live in kilcoole and have seen dolphins.Its true!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 LollipopShoes

I live beside the beach in Kilcoole and have seen what we thought were dolphins on numerous occasions. However when I asked a friend in the know about these things he said on the east coast it is most likely they are porpoises. Oh well. Still magical!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭The Chessplayer

My Da is from Kilcoole and says he saw a school of giant Blue Whales down there one morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

seen them jumping together off bray head, while on the dart to work! Amazing scene

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement