Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3G quality in Dunboyne, Co Meath?

Options
  • 02-08-2007 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Just wondering if anybody has used 3G services (Vodafone or 3 preferably) in Dunboyne. If so, what is the speed & general quality of service like?

Thanks,
    Brian

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Bulmers

check www.siteviewer.ie and check what sites are around Dunboyne, most seem to be near the centre at the crossroads and it looks like 3 have a site on the road out to the N3 so it depends how near you are etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

This is kind of off-topic but it's slightly similar to what the first poster was asking. I'm wondering whether anyone has any experience with one of the mobile bb operators in dunshaughlin (near to dunboyne). Are 3 as congested there as they are in dublin? You here some real horror stories on other forums about how congested 3's network is in parts. One look at 3's coverage map shows they have a massive area under hsdpa(how?) so are the areas out in the countryside getting much faster speeds than those in the cities as there are far fewer users? I think in time 3 etc will be an excellent alternative to people on dial-up out in the countryside.

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Dr Pepper

That's pretty informative, thanks Bulmers.

I got a 3 3G modem last night in the 3G store. Only did a quick test but the initial results seemed pretty poor. speedtest.ie gave me a result at the 14.4K dial-up modem end of the spectrum! I'll try moving it around the apartment this evening and see if I can do any better, otherwise it's going back to the shop! I'll post findings here in case anybody from the area is interested..

Advertisement