Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newstalk Podcasts

• 02-08-2007 3:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭

Hey, has anyone ever listened to any podcasts from newstalk? Grabbed a few podcasts from the Right Hook (the technology segments) and to be honest i'm very surprised about how bad the quality actually is..

Constantly you can hear various computer beeps and clicks, and 2 cut out before the segment finishes...

Useless from a national station...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

sure it didnt work for 2 months. useless service and the people they have on for the tech segments are useless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

dulpit wrote:
    Hey, has anyone ever listened to any podcasts from newstalk? Grabbed a few podcasts from the Right Hook (the technology segments) and to be honest i'm very surprised about how bad the quality actually is..

Constantly you can hear various computer beeps and clicks, and 2 cut out before the segment finishes...

Useless from a national station...

These noises appear on the replay through the night too. I emailed to inform them and they said they wud look into it, that was about 6 months ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I've listened to loads of them and haven't noticed any significant problems

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I've heard that kind of crap on the todayfm ones too... its like they were recording the radio chatter onto a PC with somebody working on it. You hear outlook noises when they get emails and stuff. Very annoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I'm not a big podcast person, I generally listen to the gift grub sketches and thats about it, but now and then i have gotten some like the Sunday Supplement or the last word, or the occasional comedy one (8 out of 10 cats...) and it's only the Newstalk ones that i've ever noticed a problem with... Terrible, it does sound like someone is recording it off a computer that is being used...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭el dude

Got the Footie one they do. WOW. What a pair of tits. One fella just seems to put on a stupid voice through out the whole thing while reading quotes from various Sports people. Think he reckons he's funny or something, but its actually quite cringeworthy. Do not know how anyone could listen to that more than once.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

More problems with their podcast on tuesday for me... Downloaded one, was quoted at 16 minutes or so, ran for like 4 mins and stopped... Skipping through it didn't help at all...

Was fixed wednesday, new one was uploaded and that worked grand...

Advertisement