Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[req] Which Is Best Dvd Rental Firm?

• 02-08-2007 3:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 264 ✭✭

Hi,
    I want to sign up to DVD rental. Which is best ? i.e. cheapest plan versus time to deliver?
    Thanks
    Pajoe

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭Maxwell

Not sure anymore who is the cheapest, but I have tried them all and have settle with Moviestar because they are very,very professional and I always get the top titles I request. Im on the 2 for 18.99 a month option and it suits me very well - a very prompt turnaround unlike the others Ive tried.

My two cents

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭shaneos

I tried both Screenclick and Busy Bee DVD. I gave moviestar a miss after reading this thread : http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=51943115.

I found that Busy Bee was better than screenclick - friendlier emails, quick replies, and far less scratched-to-hell DVDs. I went with them for the last year, but have a stopped for the summer to encourage me to get out and about...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

I've been using Screenclick for quite a while and never had a problem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 707 ✭✭✭seabee

I was with screenclick for a while and got 3/4 scratched dvds from them. I had a bit of trouble with them when I tried to cancel my subscription, I won't go into in now but I found the best thing to do was to keep e-mailing them and eventually I got it sorted.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 23,110 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

busy bee are the cheapest at €9.99 for 1 DVD at a time. Very friendly, fast and helpful customer service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭quaalude

Another vote here for http://www.busybeedvd.com/ - I've been using the service for 2 years, gotten perhaps 1 or 2 scratched DVD's in all that time.

If you live in Dublin, and watch a movie as soon as you get it, you can get around 2 DVD's a week (with the €9.99 1-at-a-time plan). If you wait a few days before you watch, you can get about 1 a week.

The selection is only OK, but if they don't have something you can request it, and they'll get in into their inventory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭Maxwell

I read that thread too before trying them, but I just thought people had a vendetta agains the owners.

I signed up after having problems with screenclick (trying to cancel was a nightmare and the STILL billed me 3 months after I did cancel and then they gave me the runaround when I tried to get my money back)

Although busybee was better than screenclick, I felt that I was always getting my 20-30 chpoces instead of my top 10 and never seemed to get the latest releases which was annoying.

Well moviestar are extremely fast and professional to deal with - so I really can't fault them just because their owners are dodgy as posted by other people. Wouldn't mind if Kermit the frog was the owner as long as the service was as discribed.....and in their case - it is.
    shaneos wrote:
    I tried both Screenclick and Busy Bee DVD. I gave moviestar a miss after reading this thread : http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=51943115.

I found that Busy Bee was better than screenclick - friendlier emails, quick replies, and far less scratched-to-hell DVDs. I went with them for the last year, but have a stopped for the summer to encourage me to get out and about...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭That Guy 901

I use BusyBee aswell. Great service. Get 2 dvds a week and really friendly email support. Havent requested anything though because I havent got bored of the titles yet and Ive been with them for a while.

Id recommend them. Maybe we can make this thread into a poll?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭hot fuss

I've been with moviestar for over and year and havent' had any problems. DVDs arrive on time, you can freeze your account when you go on holidays. They have a good range of stuff.

As for the other thread saying that your stupid if you give them your cc details. I haven't been bombarded with any junk mail or had anything dodgy happening to my cc account since joining..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 withnail20

Hi,
    I'm new in this parish so bear with me..anyway, have been using Screenclick for a while but beginning to find them a bit rubbish - they aren't getting much new stuff in and when they do it's way late. They've missed out on quite a few A-titles lately, for example the Mitchell & Webb film Magicians (which i'm sure is crap, but hey, I still fancy seeing it)..so was planning to give Moviestar.ie a go - theres a two week free trial but was just wondering if anyones got a promo code I could use so that I can extend that a bit,
    cheers...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 503 ✭✭✭davidsatelle100

anyone know if anyone does HDDVD, i know moviestar does them but had some hassle with getting address changed after i moved house.

Advertisement