Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Did anyone get charged for exceeding the usage limit with 3 yet?

Options
  • 02-08-2007 4:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭

I've been very careful not to go over it. At the end of last month, I knew I had used about 8GB and I just rang to confirm, but they told me I had 8 GB left! I found this to be strange since earlier in the month, they told me I had used up 3 GB so far.

Anyone get charged for exceeding the usage limit yet?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭BKtje

Today is the second of the month, does it maybe reset at the start of every month rather than a month from the day you got it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

How do you managed to upload/download that amount of data on this crap speed?????

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

B-K-DzR wrote:
    Today is the second of the month, does it maybe reset at the start of every month rather than a month from the day you got it?

I got mine on the 26th a couple of months back, and apparently its the 26th to the 26th they count.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

I only used 1.8gigs last month. I know this as i got a letter from 3g today showing how much i used.

I also read somewhere here that a person got charged about 160euros extra for going over the 10gig cap. But i think he got it reduced in the end but still had to pay extra.

Also can anyone tell me why i have been charged 25euros ?
    Maybe its because i paid using credit card ?

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Electric

I've had issues with what 3 have said I've used and what the counter on my laptop says - there's an 800mb difference.

And the first month that we had it my bf got charged €11 extra. The 10gb download limit is not a download limit it's a usage limit so it includes what you upload too!

I've seen a couple of posts here where people have been wondering about that

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,492 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Yes people have been charged and rightly so because its all outlined in the Terms & Conditions,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Cabaal wrote:
    Yes people have been charged and rightly so because its all outlined in the Terms & Conditions,
    Although your right, Its interesting that so many people have complained about out of date/conflicting data use amounts. If this was the case and could be proven they would have trouble charging for over use if you couldn't check usage reliably.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Irish Wolf

BadCharlie wrote:
    Also can anyone tell me why i have been charged 25euros ?
    Maybe its because i paid using credit card ?

If you choose not to set up a direct debit then there was an extra €5 administration charge per bill.. surprised that they didn't mention this to you at the outset...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

B-K-DzR wrote:

its reset a month from the day u got it.

also data is NOT carried over to the next month if you have any left over, its strictly 10gb per month.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,492 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Irish Wolf wrote:
    If you choose not to set up a direct debit then there was an extra €5 administration charge per bill.. surprised that they didn't mention this to you at the outset...

Hang on, I believe charging extra depending on the method of payment is now illegal in Ireland,

This loophole was closed a few months back by the gov afaik

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Irish Wolf wrote:

Well i did set up a direct debit but somehow the girl in the shop must have taking my details down incorectly. so i had to use my card instead. But i think im all sorted with the direct debit now so ill keep an eye on the next bill i get.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭ablelocks

Cabaal wrote:
    Hang on, I believe charging extra depending on the method of payment is now illegal in Ireland,

This loophole was closed a few months back by the gov afaik

not yet - I spoke to someone in the consumer affairs office. It was supposed to come into force last May, but that clause was removed at the last minute. It may be reintroduced in Autumn.

Advertisement