Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bioshock buzz begins

Options
  • 02-08-2007 5:18pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,950 Mod ✭✭✭✭

PC Gamer in the shops today and they have the first review of this game. They are raving about it which is a relief. Now I can't wait.
    I spend my career, and my gaming life, waiting for a moment when a game just astonishes me, when I can't believe what I'm seeing, what I'm doing. Bioshock has five.

Comments

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Thank God. Its been a long time since SS2.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I haven't looked foward to a game so much in years. Three weeks for tomorrow. The weekend of the 24th of August is going to be a good one (and Blue Dragon too).

That review seems absurdly positive. It only knocks my excitement up another notch.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

SS2 was and still is an amazing game. Bioshock looks great, i wonder if my 7600gs can handle it. if not im gonna have to upgrade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Looks like the bee's knees, the "hunting the big daddy" trailer on XBL really whet my appetite...
    I'm fairly torn between getting it for my new pc or my 360 now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Won't be touching a bit of media for this until release, already seen enough to wet my appetite :D

You must have a pretty hefty PC if you are considering it for the PC tman.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

It comes out on my Birthday. Have the day off work, but I'll be in to buy the Collectors edition. Prolly won't play it much on the day but still, can't wait!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Ciaran500 wrote:
    You must have a pretty hefty PC if you are considering it for the PC tman.
    It should be capable enough when all of the new bits I ordered finally arrive
    8800GTS, Core 2 Duo E6750, 2GB of ram and an EPENIS XL++:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Can't wait for this game, everything about it so far looks amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

just read on wikipedia that p.c. gamer gave it 95% lads, this game is gonna rock

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bioshock#Reception

and then we have stranglehold, crysis, halo 3, moh airborne, gta 4 over the coming months

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

Im gonna pick it up on 360, my pc could probably run it on minimum settings, but id rather play it in my bedroom, lights off, headphones on, on my HDTV, then sittin on my swivel chair in front of the PC

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Have the Collector's Edition pre-ordered, and I'll probably take the day off. I can't wait. Will be playing it on PC but I'll probably want to play it on 360 at some point too.

Freeman, GTA IV is delayed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

Just realised i wont even be in the country when its released..haha, ah well, might just pre order it, so it should arrive and be waiting for me by the time i get home :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Rumour has it Game Informer are giving it 10/10

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

koneko wrote:
    Freeman, GTA IV is delayed.

crap on a stick

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

Can you preorder the PC Collector's Edition at Game?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Ah sweet. I was worried that this wouldnt live up to expectations, but its looking like this will take SS2's place as my favourite horror/fps. Anyone have any idea how long its supposed to be?

I might get this for the 360, as it seems like a slower pace fps, and the joystick shouldnt effect it that much. But we'll see.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

Only one review so far on metacritic, for the 360 version.

Official Xbox magazine UK gave it .... 100 (presume that's a 5/5 or something converted)

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭hurleyd

Definitely PC version of this for me. Keyboard and mouse. Got a E6600 (overclocked to 3.2), 8800 GTS and 2gb of RAM waiting to play this game. I'm wondering what the directx 10 will be like on it, will I actually use Vista for something soon?

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Apparently, the Reviewer in PC Gamer loved one particular level in Bioshock and said to himself that finally, someone had created a level in a game to rival The Cradle (my own favourite level of all time) in Thief 3. When he spoke to the Developer they told him that it was made by Jordan Thomas, the same guy responsible for The Cradle.

I can't wait for this game.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭cashman

I have a pretty good spec PC but I think I will buy the 360 version should look great on my 42'' plasma

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Any links to online reviews?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

lafortezza wrote:
    None yet, its still 20 days till release.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭cashman

lafortezza wrote:
    No links but the UK edition of PC Gamer gave Bioshock 95%

I read the review last night, and i'm soooo looking forward to this. It really sounds brilliant (especially that level thats like the Cradle in Thief). The Big Daddies sound bloody cool though.

Also, its supposed to be quite long, which is a good thing.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Interestingly PC Gamer UK said this game ran well on 1600x1200 max settings with an AMD Athlon X2 5200 and a 8800gts 320mb card so its not that tough on system requirements.

It was also noted not only to have a great atmosphere and story line but superb graphics and sound and voice acting. Plus they also noted it to be quite bug free.

If you guys haven't seen the HD clips and trailers yet of Bioshock head over to www.gametrailers.com and search for Bioshock some really good videos of the game there.

Azza wrote:
    Interestingly PC Gamer UK said this game ran well on 1600x1200 max settings with an AMD Athlon X2 5200 and a 8800gts 320mb card so its not that tough on system requirements.

Ya, they apparently spent alot of time optimising the game to run really well on systems that wouldnt even be considered on top of the line systems. I'm looking forward to playing it on max, and thats probably why i'll stick with the pc version.
    Azza wrote:
    It was also noted not only to have a great atmosphere and story line but superb graphics and sound and voice acting. Plus they also noted it to be quite bug free

Ya, i noticed that as well. Bad voice acting can ruin a game, and its good to know that they havent gone the easy way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/23297.html

Is that an Irish accent (or an attempt at one) that I hear ... ?

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Yeah accent sounds irish or perhaps Irish/American.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

Been looking forward to this for some time. The timing of my new HD tv arriving couldnt really have been better.

Advertisement