Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Neil Warnock

• 02-08-2007 6:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭

Anyone been reading the Suns extracts from his new autobiography? If you haven't, be prepared to hate him alot more than most people already do! Todays extract was about how he felt about Benitez after he fielded a weakened side against Fulham. He actually said he hated him for it, and after United did the same against West Ham, he put a few hundred £'s on both sides to lose in the FA Cup and Champions League finals. What a *****

Ironic considering his own side picked up 3 points against a second string Arsenal side back at Christmas.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

deise59 wrote:
    Todays extract was about how he felt about Benitez after he fielded a weakened side against Fulham. He actually said he hated him for it
    so if your club was in relegation battle and one of your rival teams in this battle gets a massive advantage over you in their battle against the drop through the Liverpool manager fielding a weakened team (and didn't Liverpool lose that match?) you would not be at all pissed off? Warnock is expressing what 99% of managers and supporters would feel, but again shame on Neil for the horrible crime of being honest.
    and after United did the same against West Ham, he put a few hundred £'s on both sides to lose in the FA Cup and Champions League finals. What a *****
    how dare anyone ever put money on a team to lose, somebody please call the cops :rolleyes:
    Ironic considering his own side picked up 3 points against a second string Arsenal side back at Christmas.
    Ironic? what on earth are you talking about?

so his team went out to win these games where the opposition fielded weakened teams, what else would you expect any football team to do? do you think he should have ordered his side to throw the match?

ridiculous thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,081 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Id understand him being pissed off that other teams got an easier time of it due to the timing of the matches, but to actually hold a grudge over it is just childish. It was a tactical decision made by Rafa when there was nothing left to play for in the league so there was no point risking key players. Even as it was it wasn't exactly a joke of a team he put out, Insua and Paletta were the only non squad regulars that started if i recall correctly. It was a weakened team that still dominated the match and were very unlucky to lose near the end after simply failing to take their chances (something which happened many more times then that last season, with a full strength 11 on the pitch).

Warnock just seems like a whiney child really who throws the toys of the pram when everything doesnt go his way. Thats life, and thats football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Warnock can't deal with defeat possibly being down to him. There is no earthly reason why Sheffield United shouldn't have stayed up, none at all. But they played ugly as **** football, and to be honest, I'm happy to see them out of the premiership.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,339 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

deise59 wrote:
    be prepared to hate him alot more

I don't think it's actually humanly possible for me to hate him any more than I already do. He just spends his whole time slagging off other clubs and managers without realising that if he was as good as he thinks he is he would be managing a big club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Warnock cannot be hated anymore than he already is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

zaph wrote:
    I don't think it's actually humanly possible for me to hate him any more than I already do. He just spends his whole time slagging off other clubs and managers without realising that if he was as good as he thinks he is he would be managing a big club.

Isn't he on Setantas Premier League Panel?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

What a tit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Isn't he on Setantas Premier League Panel?

Yes, he is a good reason not to watch Setantas analysis of games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

He is the reason I was disappointed to see the Blades win promotion to the Prem and the reason I was delighted when they went down. He's looking to blame anyone else for the team's failure instead of looking in the mirror. I will not watch Setanta analysis anytime he is on. I really hope he's not doing co-commentary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

"I don't really think I should comment on things that have happened elsewhere.

"What I will say is that I'm sure Sir Alex (Ferguson) will name a strong side because that's the way he is. He's got too much respect for the rest of us at the bottom of the table not to and, even though he's already won the title, he'll want to go out on a high."

the man is a complete pillock with an over inflated view of his own self worth.

would he have come out with an autobiography if Sheffield had stayed up? somehow i doubt it. he had a taste of the big money spotlight last season and craves more. i do hate west ham and alot of their players old & new, but at least they are capeable of entertaining football

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 334 ✭✭ghost26ie

never liked him anyways.Carlos Tevez being at West Ham didnt cost him premier league status, neither did liverpool fielding a weakened side. as someone said all he had to do was look in the mirror, or just look at the way his team played. a team gets relegated because they're s**t. or corrupt. his team and tactics were basically crap. its all sour grapes. not even wenger's whinging can compare to this guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Sheff Utd deserved to go down, on their own merit (or lack of). They were muck, losing games they had to win etc etc.
    By suggesting Sheff Utd were the key elements in their own demise, it's not a parallell view that West Ham should get off lightly over Tevezgate.

I used to think Warnock was a right character from the odd clips in the Championship, having seen him more in the Premiership last year I've seen enough thanks.

Suppose he does have that panto love-to-hate thing going on...:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Magic Pips

Is this the guy that told Gary Kelly he hoped he broke his leg?

Classy:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

The extracts are laughable. Warnock blames everyone from Rafa Benitez to Alex Ferguson to Carlos Tevez and Richard Scudamore for Sheffield United being relegated.

How about you blame the team's manager Neil? It's unbelievable how he can't just admit that he was to blame.

For god's sake, his team were at home on the last day of the season against one of their relegation opponents and all they had to do was draw. His terrible tactics all season were why they went down.

And based on all these extracts, people will be more than happy to see them down.

Advertisement