Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

This weeks Irish clubs in Europe/Eircom League thread

• 02-08-2007 7:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭

UEFA Cup Qualifying Round 2nd Leg
    Thursday August 2nd
    FK Sudova 4 Dungannon Swifts 0 (agg 4-1)
    Odense vs St. Patrick's Athletic - 6.00pm
    AIK vs Glentoran - 7.00pm
    Drogheda United vs Libertas - Dalymount Park 7.45pm

Eircom League of Ireland Premier Division
    Friday August 3rd
    Cork City vs Sligo Rovers - Turner's Cross 7:45pm (LIVE ON TG4)
    Galway United vs Waterford United - Terryland Park 7:45pm
    Saturday August 4th
    Shamrock Rovers vs Derry City - Tolka Park 8.00pm
    Longford Town vs Bohemians - Flancare Park 7:30pm
    Monday August 6th
    Bray Wanderers vs Drogheda United - Carlisle Grounds 7:45pm
    St. Patrick's Athletic vs UCD - Richmond Park 7:45pm

First Division
    Friday August 3rd
    Limerick 37 vs Finn Harps - Jackman Park 7:45pm
    Monaghan United vs Dundalk - Kingspan Century Park 8:00pm
    Shelbourne vs Athlone Town - Tolka Park 8:00pm
    Saturday August 4th
    Wexford Youths vs Kildare County - Wexford Football Complex 6:30pm
    Cobh Ramblers vs Kilkenny City - St. Colman's Park 7:45pm

Eircom League Cup Semi-Final
    Monday August 6th
    Bohemians vs Shamrock Rovers - Dalymount Park 8.00pm

Pats currently 3-0 down to Odense at half-time

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

4-0 down now.

Odense must be very good:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Anyone see this strory?

http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2007/0802/drogheda1.html

So who has the rights I wonder? Newstalk don't and no-one else might want them.

Mike.

5-0

Who is in that defence for Pats?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Dave Scouse. Yes. Dave Scouse.

Only last week KdjaC was practically riding him, I bet he was at fault for at least six of them goals.

mike65 wrote:
    Anyone see this strory?

http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2007/0802/drogheda1.html

So who has the rights I wonder? Newstalk don't and no-one else might want them.

Mike.
    The way that story is worded it sounds like RTE had issues with Drogs tbh.

And it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest either, the Drogs press relations guy is a complete and utter knobhead. I know that from personal dealings with the guy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,956 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Pat's humiliated again Europe. No surprise there.

Glens looking to avoid 5-0 home and away defeats in Europe (sounds familiar).

Dungannon must be disappointed as they were playing against ten for half the match.

Hopefully another 3 points for us tomorrow night.:cool: We'll be in the top half if we do!!! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

Drogs won 3-0. Anything less would have been shameful against such week opposition.

What I find heartening is that Keegan's brace of goals means that we have now had 15 different players finding the net for us this season. Granted, part of this is because Doolin has had to change the side so much due to injuries. But it's always a good sign when goals are coming from all over the park.

I knew it.

http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2007/0802/stpats1.html
    The second goal sparked bizarre scenes between Saints goalkeeper Barry Ryan and defender Dave Rogers as they confronted each other on the pitch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Zebra3 wrote:
    Pat's humiliated again Europe. No surprise there.

We all here on a technicality, a techicality :D

Lucky it was only 5 tbh, Rogers played well Ryan not so well he got man of the match for Odense :confused:

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

off-topic but they had an post match interview with Paul Keegan of Drogheda on Radio One this morning. I've never heard anyone before that would drive me as mad as he did. Every second sentence was "do you know what I mean" and he must have said it 20/30 times in the space of a few mins. It was even worse than people who say "aahh" after every sentence.

• Advertisement

Drogheda drawn against Helsingborgs in next round.

What's the odds on Graham Gartland being sent off for a late tackle on Henrik Larsson?

There'll be some amount of muppets in Dalymount that night so.

Yet another 'Irish' crowd out to see an Irish team lose no doubt. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

Hehe Irish people going to see a Swede player play against an Irish team because he once played for two British teams :)

Anyway I think that tonight we will give Cork City a good game , would be fairly confident of at least a draw hopefully a win and the first of a Sligo double over Cork opposition this weekend , of the other games I can see Shams Derry and Longford Bohs being a draw thus furthering the pressure and discontent on Quasimodo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

gustavo wrote:
    Hehe Irish people going to see a Swede player play against an Irish team because he once played for two British teams :)

I think that says it all! :o :rolleyes:

But he's a hero bud.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

seansouth wrote:
    But he's a hero bud.

Being a rangers fan (boo hiss!) i know only too well that Larsson is a fantastic talent, and if i was a neutral with the chance to go and watch him play then i would jump at it.
    The problem is though that there will be more celtic tops than anything else at this game....

Eirebear wrote:
    Being a rangers fan (boo hiss!)
    BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    YA FRICKIN HUN BASTID

:D
    Eirebear wrote:
    i know only too well that Larsson is a fantastic talent, and if i was a neutral with the chance to go and watch him play then i would jump at it.
    Erm sorry, I was being sarcastic :o
    Eirebear wrote:
    The problem is though that there will be more celtic tops than anything else at this game....
    Yes, indeed it is.

Actually because of the prevelance of so many muppet 'football' fans in this country who 'support' Selltic, I'd probably have a slight leaning towards Rangers myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

Unless they sign Henrik, I think we'll beat Longford.
    Then again, I thought we'd beat UCD...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Larsson is an absolute legend and deserves a standing ovation at Dalymount Park.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

^ For services to Irish football I assume? I hear he is a great hurler as well. His brother was better but was mad for the drink and fags.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

gimmick wrote:
    ^ For services to Irish football I assume? I hear he is a great hurler as well. His brother was better but was mad for the drink and fags.
    If Paulo Maldini was playing in Dalymount against Drogheda I don't think there'd be many LOI fans complaining about the support.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,344 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Of course they wouldn't... but hey this is an ex Celtic legend here therefore some in the Eircom League community will be spouting the usual nonense. Look at ss, veering towards supporting Rangers because he does not like Celtic fans :rolleyes:

My in laws stay in Phibsboro, I may even fly over around the time and take a trip to Dalymount Park if it is played there

Terrible draw for drogs :rolleyes: , might win and a gauranteed full house who gives a **** who plays for the other team if they can near sell out a ground on their own....cha ching.

Also good draw for Bohs :p

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Roy O' Donovan comes to the rescue for Cork City once again against Sligo. Our best player since Doyle, we'll be sorry to see him leave.

1-1

2-1 to Sligo FT.

Dismal performance from City and we lose our home record.

Not enough quality back up in the squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Have to agree.

Softic and Kearney were absolutely rubbish. Sweeney just doesn't look like he can make the grade. Farrelly looked extremely unfit too. O' Donovan played poorly in the second half, failing to capitalise on a few half chances that he had. He has of course carried the team this season so cannot be faulted.

A player like Softic shouldn't even be back up. He will never be good enough. Hes a big fella but lacks technical skills and athleticism to be a good player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Shels were good tonight. Flood looks like such a prospect.

DSB wrote:

You left out a smiley :eek: Shels spent enough i would hope they are good.

kdjac

• Advertisement

Did I not read somewhere that you're a Pats fan?

Look at ss
    SS?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waffen-SS

Come on :) I'm hardly a bleedin' nazi!

DSB wrote:
    Brilliant we were.

Keely reckons we'll get 3rd, and be in a play off.

Can't see us making the ground though.

If we keep with the sort of form we've showed recently I don't see any reason why we can't. 14 points to make up with a game in hand isn't ideal by any means but we've 2 games against Finn Harps to help cut that. I'd say I'm gonna stick a bit on us getting promoted anyway. Because to be fair tonight it could have been 4 or 5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

2-1 to Sligo FT.

Dismal performance from City and we lose our home record.

kearney was never at the races last night.
    softic is not good enough, simple as that. but given he is so tall they should convert him to a center half.

i was also far from impressed by the referee....mr collina

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

sligo were good last night, we were dreadful. too many players not at the races, there appears to be a serious lack of motivation at the club. farrelly isnt good enough, and healy doesnt look interested.

if we had 11 neal horgans on the pitch every week we'd be immense.

i was disgusted leaving turners cross last night..

• Advertisement

kearney was never at the races last night.
    softic is not good enough, simple as that. but given he is so tall they should convert him to a center half.

i was also far from impressed by the referee....mr collina

What would he bring to that position.

He's tall. Thats all hes got.

He's a poor tackler and has no stamina.

How long would you City fans reckon Rico has left?

He needs to bring in some talent before the window closes.

And is playing RoD the right thing to do? If he gets a serious injury there'll be no transfer.

roy requested that he play last night, so it was his decision. he's still a cork city player, so as far as im concerned he plays every game till hes sold.

based on last nights performance rico is on borrowed time. unless we come out against bohs and play to our potential and score a few goals and show everyone what we can do, defeat to kilkenny in the cup the following week will see him resign or be sacked.

as far as bringing in talent, did our transfer window not close at the end of july?

Roar wrote:
    roy requested that he play last night, so it was his decision. he's still a cork city player, so as far as im concerned he plays every game till hes sold.
    Yep, fair enough.
    Roar wrote:
    defeat to kilkenny in the cup the following week will see him resign or be sacked.
    Ah here, we scored five against them in the week, if ye can't beat them you should support Ramblers full time.

Roar wrote:
    as far as bringing in talent, did our transfer window not close at the end of july?
    Thought so alright, wasn't sure though.

Good wins for Sligo and Longford this weekend! Derry & Rovers drawing suited Drogheda as well. :)

• Advertisement

Shamrock Rovers 1 - 1 Derry City

Great match at Tolka.

The worst thing about the league this season has been lack of matches where both teams went out to win. Thats what we had tonight, even when Derry went down to 10 men they were interested in getting a winner.

Rovers had the more chances but the draw was the fair result.

Alan Kelly(the ref) spoiled the game with the red card. He was crap for both sides. If Hargan's tackle was a sending off then 2/3 before it were equally as bad. The pitch was wet, there were going to be some late hits so he should have been a bit more conscious of this.

Sammy Morrow for Derry was excellent I thought. He led the line well and took is goals briliantly.

Alan Kelly(the ref) spoiled the game with the red card. He was crap for both sides. If Hargan's tackle was a sending off then 2/3 before it were equally as bad.

This, for me, is the most frustrating aspect of following an Eircom league club. The standard of refereeing is truly abysmal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Tell all the people you know, David Mooney is better than crowe (the fat ****) Great result tonight and many thanks to the bohs fans for all the entertainment.

http://thebohs.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3933

took longer than normal :D

Great set of results for drogs so far.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

Ouch, that hurt.

PDN wrote:
    This, for me, is the most frustrating aspect of following an Eircom league club. The standard of refereeing is truly abysmal.

OBs 1st goal was taken down with his hand Alanson Kellyson the swedish ref was no more than 5 feet away, Gibson took out their best player early with a shocking tackle and should have walked so refs are crap everywhere.

kdjac

cracking win for ramblers last night, 4-1 v kilkenny. three points clear at the top. hope they dont throw it away now..

http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2007/0806/bray.html

Bray vs Drogs

http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2007/0806/stpats.html
    Pats vs UCD

Wonder if it will be 0-0 :\

Keane is out so Fahey and Gibson central with Quigley and Fitz starting up front.

kdjac

PDN wrote:

You think the Prem is bad?

I swear to christ, I reckon they just pick a random punter from the crowd to ref Div1 games.

Actually, no, a randomer from the crowd would do better.

Shíte, the lot of them.

kdjac wrote:
    took longer than normal
    http://thebohs.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3933
    Great set of results for drogs so far.

kdjac

Look at the result of this poll :eek:

Fickle isn't word ffs.

http://thebohs.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3918

seansouth wrote:

Look at the result of this poll :eek:

Fickle isn't word ffs.

http://thebohs.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3918

Holy **** thats unreal but not unexpected really.

Roddy is after the Ireland job so is waiting that one out.

kdjac

• Advertisement
Advertisement