Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

swapping cars?

Options
  • 02-08-2007 7:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭

i have a car at the mo bought it 3 months ago.. its a skoda octavia and im 19.. i think its a family car so been looking for cars on carzone that are a bit younger... ive seen one and its the same price i payed for the car i have now.
    if anything its a small bit under the price i payed... would the garage take my car as a trade in and swap it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

anto-t wrote:
    i have a car at the mo bought it 3 months ago.. its a skoda octavia and im 19.. i think its a family car so been looking for cars on carzone that are a bit younger... ive seen one and its the same price i payed for the car i have now.
    if anything its a small bit under the price i payed... would the garage take my car as a trade in and swap it?

they probably ask for some money along with your own car even though yours is probably worth more, if the car your buying is less sought after than the octavia then you might have a chance of getting them to swap it, ring them and see

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭cbyrne

Not likely if you're buying from a garage. Don't forget yours will be worth less now than what you paid initially and the garage will need to try and sell yours on then for that price at a min, hence in order for it to be worth their while they need to buy it at less its value to sell it on. A trade in at a garage will always be for less than your car is worth on open market.

You'd have a better chance of a 'clean' swap if it was a private seller just looking to change their car.

Still, its worth giving them a call or dropping into them, just be careful they don't throw figures at you all over the place and fool you into thinking they're giving you a great deal!

Advertisement