Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ofcom Response

Options
  • 02-08-2007 7:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭

Just thought I'd post this up and see if anyone else got the same. Its a letter I got regarding my complaint about the Lephracaun comment.

988578224_4bea08b215_o.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Yep, I got one as did a few others, we already have a thread about it somewhere. Very lame, I must admit. All it did was remind me of Seány and at that stage he was long gone which made me feel sad. Grrrr. Stupid Ofcom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Still waiting on mine

I'm very disappointed about how we're being fobbed off like this

• Registered Users Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Naos

Eh, what?

The L-word is as offensive as the N-word if the context is abusing someone.

Thats like saying the word "paki" is not as bad as "******".

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭O.P.H

The N word holds alot of baggage, thats fair enough, the L word isnt as bad but none the less if someone finds it offensive to their race then its offensive, simple as that. Who the **** do Ofcom think they are telling us that its not offensive, only we (the Irish) can say if its offensive or not. If I was in the BB house and an English person called me the L word even as a laugh, I'd find it condicending because it relates to the negative Irish stereotype of drunken Irish fools. I gaurentee ya if Musilim ppl started complaining about a new word they found offensive BB would talk action.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭The Al Lad

<SNIP>

MOD EDIT: Enough worthless input from you, The Al Lad.

• Advertisement
Advertisement