Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

21st venue

Options
  • 02-08-2007 8:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

Hey all,

My 21st is coming at the end of the month and, although not having a big party, I'm looking for any ideas of a good place to head which you will get a few people into. Possibly somewhere you can reserve a section?

Thanks for the advice

Bnev

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

sadly this kip of a city is near impossible for young people to get into particularly in groups, best of luck, although if you're there all day.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

is there any location in particular within the city that you are looking for? a few hotels around the parnell street area are good for rooms to rent

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

For boards beers, the admins managed to reserve the basement floor of messrs. You could try that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

Jay D wrote:
    sadly this kip of a city is near impossible for young people to get into particularly in groups, best of luck, although if you're there all day.........

Really? I've been to 21st's in Messrs, Doyles, Capitals, I went to Bleu Note, tons of places. Can't imagine having trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭bnev

Im not looking to book a room, already took the money instead of doing tnhat! I'm just trying to think of a venue to go on the night of my birthday where I can invite some friends and have no trouble getting everyone in, or get an area reserved for a reasonable price.

But it has to be in town and as far as I know nowhere takes bookings like that for the weekends(being a saturday night)

• Advertisement

Really? I've been to 21st's in Messrs, Doyles, Capitals, I went to Bleu Note, tons of places. Can't imagine having trouble.

Yup, as well as the Gingerman, Russell Court Hotel, the Westmoreland, Carnival. Even outside the city there's loads of places.

There's plenty of places which'll allow you to do it which are good for a laugh, just give them a call. If you don't want to book, then I'd say Doyle's is probably your best bet since you can take up an entire area if you're there early enough. Careful about the 50c rise in drink prices at 12am though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

anywhere in temple bar is piss easy to get into jsut dont go up as a huge group and your laughing.

doyles, although get in there a bit early as upstairs can fill up and you will be stuck downstairs

messr's and then you can go straght from there to q-bar(at least you could the last time i was there which was a tuesday night)

whelans is always decent

Advertisement