Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Port fowarding

Options
  • 02-08-2007 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭

If this is not in correct forum please move

Have tried to setup port fowarding for utorrent on the Netopia 2247 router, entered expert mode, and setup the NAT, with the port Utorrent says its using.

Then I run the port checker on the utorrent site, and says its still closed.

Help please.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Have you set up your computer to have a static IP on your LAN?

If not then you have to do that.
    It's in [Control Panel]-[Network Connections]-[Local Area/Wireless Connection]-[Properties]-[Internet Protocol TCP/IP]

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Yes, Static IP setup

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Try lowering any firewall you might have installed (such as ZoneAlarm) to allow for pinholing (ie. port forwarding). Medium-low or something like that, see if it makes a difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭JohnnieM

With Netopia ..for pin holes to work you must be in whats called "clear sailing"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Netopia/2247NWG-VGx/Xbox_Live_360.htm

Any use? Portforward.com has helped me out on a few routers that I'm not too familiar with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

I had this same problem with my netopia but utorrent still worked without doing anything other than opening the ports...it still said it failed the port checker but worked fine....

portforward: great site

• Registered Users Posts: 6,503 ✭✭✭Damien360

I have the Netopia 3347 and the setup is the same. If you have entererd the correct ports as you say in the expert mode, custom services....then all you need to do is lower the router firewall setting from medium (default) to low. That should fix it.

Advertisement