Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I thought this wasnt a medical board

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,420 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Indeed.

Of course, we still cover broken hearts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

psi wrote:
    FYI, thats not true, you have PM'd me several times seeking medical advice on certain issues, so now you're being dishonest in that respect.

Because based on previous experience NOW I wouldn't. And I wouldn't do so on PI either.
    psi wrote:
    Well it is only really inconsistant in your mind, I and others don't see it so.

Really? Are you a mindreader? I think you've been hanging out in paranormal a little too long.
    psi wrote:
    I think this just sums you up, I'm answering you now with at least rational reasoning, you can't even manage that.

Are you? You answered me with an OPINION about my attitude causing me "problems." If you call that "rational reasoning" then no wonder....

And as for "rational" reasoning, what other kind is there?

And how rational is it to keep arguing with someone whom you think only writes drivel?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Because based on previous experience NOW I wouldn't. And I wouldn't do so on PI either.
    Ahh, but you did and that is more the point, not everyone has your previous experience, so best to just make sure it doesn't happen.
    Really? Are you a mindreader? I think you've been hanging out in paranormal a little too long.
    No, but I can read a thread of simple english, which, your clever and original attempts at slagging me aside, you seem to have difficulty with.
    Are you? You answered me with an OPINION about my attitude causing me "problems." If you call that "rational reasoning" then no wonder....
    No there rational reasoning is interspersed between my opinions of your attitude, or rather vice versa, although you seem to have a problem distinguishing, perhaps if you calmed down as you read.........?

And as for "rational" reasoning, what other kind is there?

Irrational reasoning. In the context of the sentence, reasoning is an act carried out, it is not tantamount to "reason" and as an act, is neutral in terms of validity.

Good attempt though, I love how you come up with a thread topic like that and then try pick at my English :)
    And how rational is it to keep arguing with someone whom you think only writes drivel?
    Maybe I don't think you're beyond salvation, or maybe I just don't like to see drivel go unchecked.

Victor wrote:
    Indeed.

Of course, we still cover broken hearts.

...and condoms. You could always offer a two for one deal as they do seem to go hand in hand on PI.

psi wrote:
    Ahh, but you did and that is more the point, not everyone has your previous experience, so best to just make sure it doesn't happen.

No. You were pointing me out as dishonest. I was clarifying your misunderstanding for you. Secondly I am clearly not basing this on my own experience. If I were would I be querying as to why there is not more openness to discussing medical or health? I think you maybe confusing yourself.
    psi wrote:
    No, but I can read a thread of simple english, which, your clever and original attempts at slagging me aside, you seem to have difficulty with.

Yeah.... I'm not so sure you can. Diga dos para espanol.
    psi wrote:
    No there rational reasoning is interspersed between my opinions of your attitude, or rather vice versa, although you seem to have a problem distinguishing, perhaps if you calmed down as you read.........?

You're quip "That sums you up...." was an opinion to which I responded with a quip about you taking a look at your own attitude, not to your more "reasoned" responses.
    psi wrote:
    Irrational reasoning. In the context of the sentence, reasoning is an act carried out, it is not tantamount to "reason" and as an act, is neutral in terms of validity.

If it is irrational does it still constitute reasoning?
    psi wrote:
    Good attempt though, I love how you come up with a thread topic like that and then try pick at my English :).

No, just your redundancies.
    psi wrote:
    Maybe I don't think you're beyond salvation, or maybe I just don't like to see drivel go unchecked.

Maybe you like the drivel and like provoking more of it. All diction is contradiction ultimately.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Christ, what has any of that got to do with the issue at hand?
    ...and condoms. You could always offer a two for one deal as they do seem to go hand in hand on PI.

Sorry but are you seriously saying that you don't see any difference between someone asking about condoms and someone asking about a lump on a breast/testicle or persistant head/stomach aches?

That baffles me tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

op the answer to your question has been given by myself and numerous others indeed including the mods of the forum. If you do not like the answer fair enough but it is the answer none the less and i dont think slagging someone off will help you understand any further

Chinafoot wrote:
    Christ, what has any of that got to do with the issue at hand?

Sorry but are you seriously saying that you don't see any difference between someone asking about condoms and someone asking about a lump on a breast/testicle or persistant head/stomach aches?

That baffles me tbh.

Of course there are differences. But there are similarities too. But my response to Victor didnt really have anything to do with my query. I was just riffing on the "broken"

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

OK. for the last time, I am not suggesting that threads about gynecology,abortion, or other surgical procedures be closed, but rather that other health/medical queries and responses be permitted also.

That will never happen, for fairly obvious reasons which DeV has covered in a thread in PI.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Short answer: avoided/aborted fetuses can't bring litigation charges...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

No. You were pointing me out as dishonest. I was clarifying your misunderstanding for you. Secondly I am clearly not basing this on my own experience. If I were would I be querying as to why there is not more openness to discussing medical or health? I think you maybe confusing yourself.
    Not at all, I just think you saying
    Yeah.... I'm not so sure you can. Diga dos para espanol.
    Nein, aber du bist eine schlafsack.
    You're quip "That sums you up...." was an opinion to which I responded with a quip about you taking a look at your own attitude, not to your more "reasoned" responses.
    I'm only going on your self-publicised life issues.
    If it is irrational does it still constitute reasoning?
    Yes.
    No, just your redundancies.
    For someone of your age and responsibilities, your childish insulting attitude is rather telling.
    Maybe you like the drivel and like provoking more of it. All diction is contradiction ultimately.
    Get that off the back of a cereal box?

Maybe some rusks?

Advertisement