Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

just got 8 meg BB from BT??

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

any idea if this is planned for outside of dublin?

specifically Navan.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭MickeyD

I fired off a quick mail to them asking if I could get upgraded and I got this back (my exchange is listed on http://www.btireland.ie/pop_8mb.shtml):

"Currently we are testing the migration of customers from DSL to LLU. The testing is in the early stages. The migration will take place in the near future. We will automatically upgrade our existing customers that have BB3 and line rental to LLU (8mg). We do not have a date that this will take place."

Seems like a standard response rather than specific to my query. I'll guess I'll try calling them to see if I get any joy that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 mastepau

Just found this post and wanted to add. I am also in Swords, Ashley. I have been with BT for bout 3 years and have broadband and line with them. I rang Sales about upgrading to 8mb and he say it could take up to 4 weeks and the line would be disconnected....yada yada....bascially he said if i just wait for a few weeks the line will be automatically be upgraded as I am on LLU - I will wait and see the outcome and come back with feedback!!

BTW can anytell me what technology their using is it VDSL or ADSL 2 ?

In the UK BT offer something called max DSL which I believe is VDSL and is rate adaptive

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭MickeyD

Incidentally, I saw a bus shelter ad in the swords area advertising 8mb broadband, but didn't get a good look at it. Hopefully this means we won't have to wait too long for the switch!

Advertisement