Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Radio Code

Options
  • 02-08-2007 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭

A mechanic dissconnected the battery of my 00 nissan primera while working on it and now the radio does not work. I dont have the code as there was no manual with the car when bought. What i was wondering is there a default code or do i have to contact nissan and if so how straightforward is it to get a code from them ? .... Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Try ringing a Nissan dealer, and have the chassis number handy. I had to get a code for a Zafira a few months ago and the Opel dealer charged for giving the code.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭big dar

Jesus they charged you ! How much if you dont mind me asking

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

My dad got code for opel combo radio for €25 from an opel garage. Rip off for a piece of paper with four digits on it

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

big dar wrote:
    Jesus they charged you ! How much if you dont mind me asking

Think it was around 20 euro. Thought it was a bit stingy, just for looking something up. No choice though. Maybe there's an online database, I don't know

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Usually you can get some radio codes for certain makes and models on the interweb but they charge a fee too. At least with a main dealer if it doesn't work you can go back and beat them with a big stick. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭big dar

Just thought id add i rang nissan on tuesday and and they asked for chassis number then came the reply "Im sorry but that car is not in our system you will have to bring the car in to us and we will take out the radio to get the serial numbers and we will send them off to nissan. We will have to charge you half hour labour at about 53 euro". So thats a day off work and 53 quid. Why cant life just be simple....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

€53 to take out a radio!?

I was charged €15 to get the code for my Fiesta, which included the 30 seconds required to take out the radio to get the serial number or whatever off the side of it.

Then a few weeks later I noticed that the code was there all along on a label in the boot. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

try to get some one who is used to working on this make they will know where is is hidden, a panel beater beats a grease monkey any time

Advertisement