Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Digital Freeview

• 02-08-2007 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

When I bought my samsung 42" recently, the sales dude told me that it also had digital freeview capability. I have some spare LNB's on my Sky satellite dish and am assuming therefore that I could run one to the TV and get freeview???...am I correct or completely missing something!!

Thanks,
    Jab

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Freeview = DVB-T (digital over the air broadcasts at this time there is only a limited trial in Dublin nowhere else so you must be in range of the trial to pick it up)

Freesat view = DVB-S (digital over satelite & is not available in Ireland only the UK though with some effort it is possible to get it)

The TV has a built in DVB-T tuner so thats the only kind of digital TV it will pickup.

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭jabaroon

Ahh.....I had the wrong end of the stick completely! A little bit of information is a dangerous thing!!

Cheers 8T8

Jab

Advertisement