Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Projector: paint a wall or buy a screen?

• 02-08-2007 10:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Am in the planning stages for a home cinema and wondering what peoples opinions are regarding using a professional screen versus painting a white background onto the wall?

I sorta like the idea of a screen that rolls up and a nice picture behind it or something!....but these are expensive! Is there anything in particular that I should look for in terms of quality of screen for HD?

thanks,
    Jab

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Having seen projectors used onto walls, I would only do it if the wall was perfect, smooth, no imperfections and so on.

Even at that, I believe, that picture quality on a screen is much better

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭jabaroon

Hi Neon,

Thanks for that. Any particular brand/model/attributes/etc.. of screen that you would recomend?

Thanks,
    Jab

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

I dont have one personally....have just borrowed other peoples for various events etc...

Im sure someone else here would be happy to advise...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

I use a magnolia painted wall for my TV projector.
    Does me just fine, with a cheap projector from eBay.

Sure you can always try a painted wall first, and if it doesn't suit your standards for image quality, then buy a screen.

I heard of another option too, some special wall paint designed especially for projectors. So you mark off an area on your wall, and paint this stuff on.
    Note sure how effective it is, but just mentioning that there's a third option.

http://www.projectorscreenpaint.co.uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭jabaroon

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the advice.

Cheers,
    Jab

• Advertisement
Advertisement