Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The inevitable delay...

• 02-08-2007 10:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭

2nd QTR of Fiscal '08, Ouch. That's quite a big 'un. I was so sure they were going to get it out in time too. Oh well, hopefully the game (and thus, gamers) will benefit from this extra time.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Hopefully they keep it close to the start of their fiscal 2008 (November 1st)
    I honestly can't see them missing out on crimbo sales

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

tman wrote:
    I honestly can't see them missing out on crimbo sales

Well, they're gonna :p.
    The title is now planned for release in the Company's second quarter of fiscal 2008.

I honestly can't see it affecting sales too much.

ah cuntybollix!
    totally skimmed past that bit

There are some fantastic looking games on the horizon, so it won't be that much of a loss... It'd better be damn good when it finally comes out!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

F**k it!

:D

Very very disappointing but not surprising. Wasn't VC and SA delayed as well? According to the recent press demos the 360 version still had frame-rate problems and the PS3 version was no where to be seen so I guess the writing was on the wall.

Oh well if it means a better more polished game I'm happy to wait. There's plenty of great games coming out between now and then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Not happy, but not suprised.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,582 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

A shame to be sure. I was looking foward to it as the Winter '07 game to get. Will just have to try and get as much out of Blue Dragon & Eternal Sonata as I can then, to keep me going through those lengthy Winter months. Well that, and possibly Assasian's Creed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

Rushed? or late and well done. That is the question you all have to ask yourselves. Developing a project as huge as GTAIV can be quite a headache for those working on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭Hippo

My nephew works for Rockstar. Late and well done is how it has to be.

Hippo wrote:
    My nephew works for Rockstar. Late and well done is how it has to be.

You should get him to post here :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭Hippo

You wouldn't believe the kind of secrecy clauses he had to sign. He looks in here sometimes though.

• Advertisement

Actually I'd say it's more fun for him to laugh and see how damn wrong we are :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭eamoss

Bad news = have to wait longer to get the game

Good news = dont have to get PS3/Xbox till then so hopefully the price will come down a bit by then but im prob just looking at savin myself about €20

Can u tell im a student. :D

Or you could be a real scroungebag and wait a few months till the PC version so you don't have to buy the console at all :p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

GTAGaming are reporting the new release date as March 4th.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

What a shame :( Was definitely the game I was most looking forward to this year, was the ultimate reason for me buying a 360.
    I suppose I won't have to buy one until next year, heres hoping for a price cut by then :D

Smegball wrote:
    What a shame :( Was definitely the game I was most looking forward to this year, was the ultimate reason for me buying a 360.
    I suppose I won't have to buy one until next year, heres hoping for a price cut by then :D
    It's the main reason I got my 360 as well (along with Dead Rising, which turned out to be a worthless pile of crap...)
    You should still go for it, even Crackdown alone makes the purchase of a 360 worthwhile...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

If i was a cynic i would think someone is waiting for their publisher to go into liquidation thus freeing them up for mega cash deal with a new one.

But thats just being cynical.

kdjac

Well a big money deal for these fella's would never do any harm. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭Oman

i heard the realese date was febuary 2008 and that i wouldn't mind waiting for

I wouldn't mind that, the earlier the better.

• Advertisement
Advertisement