Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GTA Delayed till April 08

• 02-08-2007 10:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭

Take-Two has reduced its fiscal 2007 forecast as it opted to delay the release of Rockstar's Grand Theft Auto IV.
    ImageThe game was originally scheduled for October this year during Take-Two's fiscal 2007, but now the game will release during the publisher's fiscal 2008 Q2, ending April 2008.

Take-Two offered few details on the reasoning for the change, simply saying the delay is "due to additional development time required to complete the title."

CEO Ben Feder added in a statement, "Obviously, we are very disappointed to reduce guidance after having previously reaffirmed it. Other than a matter of timing, the movement of Grand Theft Auto IV does not compromise Take-Two in any way. We are in sound financial condition and have a great product line up. Grand Theft Auto IV is going to be the defining next generation video game action adventure."

The upside is that this monster release will avoid other big holiday titles, namely Microsoft's Halo 3.

GTA IV will release on Xbox 360 and PS3.

In effect, Take-Two dropped its guidance for the fiscal year ending October 31, 2007. The firm expects revenue for the year to be in the range of $950 million to $1.0 billion and net loss per share of $1.25 to $1.35.

For the third quarter ended July 31, 2007, Take-Two expects revenue in the range of $195 million to $205 million, with a net loss per share in the range of 65 cents to 70 cents.

For the fourth quarter ending October 31, the firm anticipates net revenue in the range of $275 million to $300 million, with a net loss per share in the range of 5 cents to 10 cents.

Rockstar founder Sam Houser stated, "The game is huge and is pushing the hardware platforms to their absolute limits. The top engineers from Sony and Microsoft are working closely with the team in Edinburgh right now, helping us to fully leverage the power of both platforms. As always, our goal is to surpass even the wildest expectations of the game's fans, and to create the ultimate high definition video game experience."

Chairman Strauss Zelnick said, "With Grand Theft Auto IV, Rockstar is setting a new standard for next generation video games. Certain elements of development proved to be more time-intensive than expected, especially given the commitment for a simultaneous release on two very different platforms. We all recognize that perfecting the game is vital and I can assure everyone it will be worth the wait..."

http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=6668&Itemid=2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Bad news if true but it doesn't mean it will be delayed til April, more likely February or March.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

It is true but at least there is a good few quality games coming for the 360 at the end of the year.

Bio Shock
    Mass Effect
    Assassins Creed
    (Halo 3 possibly) not sure about the quality but still enough gaming there to last until GTA4.

I pitty the PS3 owners, they needed GTA4 this year to tie over till MGS4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,008 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

After reading that statement do you know what I hate? It's not directed at the gamer anymore, it's a pure business statement. They are addressing the investors and other suits.
    I know it's all big business, but I hate how the community feel is going from gaming. Years ago a statement like that would have been addressed informally towards the gamer instead of the man in the suit.

eo980 wrote:
    After reading that statement do you know what I hate? It's not directed at the gamer anymore, it's a pure business statement. They are addressing the investors and other suits.
    I know it's all big business, but I hate how the community feel is going from gaming. Years ago a statement like that would have been addressed informally towards the gamer instead of the man in the suit.

So true, Ubi have being doing this over te past year or two with their games also.

Need to get rid of the publishers and let the devs release the games when they want to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Damn this is really annoying... I`ve been almost counting the days until GTA's release:( :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭Antamojo

Well at least I don't have to rush to get a 360 now

But it is still disappointing news

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Think I'll cope with Blue Dragon, BioShock, Assasins Creed and Halo 3 for the time being.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

****"!!!!! I'm so annoyed, this is THE game i've been waiting for my 360. Anyone anyone recommendations, I know around that time of year there are tons. I'm gonna go for, Halo 3 (never played a halo, been a sony fanboy but not since the ****ed up the ps3), Assassins Creed( looks really cool, interactively and graphically),
    Pro Evo, is a definite buy. Can't wait for that. Probably get Smackdown Vs Raw aswell.
    Any others you guys would recommend?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Bioshock, Mass Effect, CoD4 are all must buys...as Microsoft have said, its going to be the greatest holiday line-up on any console ever! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

mcgovern wrote:
    Bioshock, Mass Effect, CoD4 are all must buys...as Microsoft have said, its going to be the greatest holiday line-up on any console ever! :D

Which is probably true.
    At least in the last 10 years anyway.

In between now and Christmas we have...

Halo 3
    Mass Effect
    Bioshock
    Blue Dragon
    COD4
    Brothers In Arms
    Enemy Territory: Quake Wars
    Stranglehold
    PGR4
    BlackSite: Area 51
    Stuntman: Ignition
    Skate
    Burnout: Paradise
    SvsR 2008
    PE8
    Tiger Woods 08
    Eternal Sonata
    Final Fantasy XI: Wings of the Goddess
    Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation
    Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock
    Need for Speed ProStreet
    Virtua Fighter 5
    TimeShift
    Army of Two
    Assasins Creed
    LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga
    Rock Band

...and I'm sure I've forgotten a good few as well!!!!!

Should be a busy (and expensive) few months!

• Advertisement

Which is probably true.
    At least in the last 10 years anyway.

In between now and Christmas we have...

Halo 3
    Mass Effect
    Bioshock
    Blue Dragon
    COD4
    Brothers In Arms
    Stranglehold
    PGR4
    Skate
    SvsR 2008
    PE8
    Tiger Woods 08
    Eternal Sonata
    Final Fantasy XI: Wings of the Goddess
    Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation
    Need for Speed ProStreet
    Virtua Fighter 5
    TimeShift
    Army of Two
    Assasins Creed
    Rock Band

...and I'm sure I've forgotten a good few as well!!!!!

Should be a busy (and expensive) few months!

I hope Ace Combat 6 gets released here this side of Xmas but I can't see it happening myself, Namco usually delay the EU release of Ace Combat games 4-6 months after the US release.:(

Still a great line up of games that really makes the 360 the console to have this Xmas, I won't be missing GTA4 too much.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

According to GTAGaming the new release date is March 4th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

I pitty the PS3 owners, they needed GTA4 this year to tie over till MGS4.

There's an enormous number of PS3 games coming by the end of the year. If anything this will give some of the original IPs launching a better chance to shine. By the end of the year you can look forward to the following highlights on PS3 (a PS3-ised version of Karmafaerie's list):

Heavenly Sword
    Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
    Gran Turismo 5 Prologue
    Wipeout HD
    Brothers In Arms: Hell's Highway
    Stranglehold (/w Hardboiled HD)
    Warhawk
    Haze
    Skate
    Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
    Pro Evolution Soccer 8
    Time Crisis 4
    Tiger Woods 08
    Final Fantasy XI: Wings of the Goddess (PS2)
    Unreal Tournament III (with kb/m & mod support)
    Need for Speed ProStreet
    Singstar
    TimeShift
    Army of Two
    The Eye of Judgement
    Assassin's Creed
    Hot Shots Golf 5
    Mercenaries 2: World in Flames
    Rock Band
    Kane & Lynch: Dead Men
    Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
    Home

+ many others. There's nothing to pity :p

If you have all 3 systems, you're absolutely spoilt for choice this Xmas. I think I'll be playing many of these 07 titles well into 08 if I try to keep up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

LookingFor wrote:
    There's an enormous number of PS3 games coming by the end of the year.

wow didnt realise i was on the playstation board there, could have swore it was the xbox fourm where we dont care about playstations releases.

Sure 99% of all PS3 releases are 360 ones aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Ri_Nollaig wrote:
    wow didnt realise i was on the playstation board there, could have swore it was the xbox fourm where we dont care about playstations releases.
    see this is the problem when you split the forums into specific consoles and when games that sprawl over multiple platforms are being talked about.

you bound to get chat about other platforms.

Advertisement