Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

X Series released?

• 02-08-2007 11:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 304 ✭✭

Was just checking 3's website (yes the irish one), and when I went to order the E65 an option for addons X series Gold for 19.99 was up and Silver for 14.99. Info wasnt available but you can order it and slingbox on website right now!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

Yup, see that now:
    http://store.3ireland.ie/basket.aspx?loc=B
    Is x-series only available for bill pay or will they allow add-ons for 3pay like they do with the data bundles?

EDIT: That link i posted no longer works, it worked for a minute but showed a different page where there is no x-series option and the page doesn't exist now anyway.

Re-edit: Ok it seems to be a firefox issue because it opens in ie7 but still shows the page where there is no x-series option but you can still go to three.ie yourself and select a bill-pay handset and you then see the page with the x-series option but when you click on "more info" about their xseries packages it brings up a page with absoloutely nothing about it. I think they have literally just put this up this evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,342 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

More questions than answers. Not showing up on My3, you can't have mobile BB and X-series. Not showing up on add-ons.

Looks like it's gone up a bit too early.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 304 ✭✭Rags

Still showing for me when I go to order an E65, no info about it anywhere else on the site tho.

I hope this means the impending release of it:D

Maybe I just didn't notice it before but slingbox has now appeared on the page after you select one of the xseries options, it's 199euro.

• Advertisement

It's obvious they are updating their site as we speak because when you select "more info" on the slingbox it says: awaiting content:
    http://store.3ireland.ie/awaitingcontent.aspx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭randomer

I just phoned up three and x-series is available. I asked to upgrade to the E65 and he told me it would cost €149.

In june they contacted me and offered me the E65 for free. I asked for a supervisor and then they put me on hold and a minute later offered me the phone for free.

I then asked about the sling box. It looks like there is no discount available on this. They said it would cost €199. I am a bit disappointed with this, because the sling box was available for free in the UK.

Rang them too and have got X series gold added to my package, cant wait to test it out.

So I have x series up and running and showing up in list of addons. So far all seems to work apart from Orb and skype which just still say coming soon as part of x series. Not in a 3G area atm so havent given it all a proper test run.

It's no use without orb and slingbox. Fring is free.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

Rags wrote:
    So I have x series up and running and showing up in list of addons. So far all seems to work apart from Orb and skype which just still say coming soon as part of x series. Not in a 3G area atm so havent given it all a proper test run.

so... don't waste money on the gold package. silver it is for now.

PS: Can anyone test if you can still use handset as a modem to connect to laptop occasionally? Yes I know it is not strictly allowed but.. well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 387 ✭✭amby666

quintron wrote:
    so... don't waste money on the gold package. silver it is for now.

So what is bundled in the gold and what's in the silver?
    The site doesn't give details.

Gold has Orb and Slingbox access on top of other apps/access, but I'd say you could use Orb on silver package.. mabye not as nicely integrated.. but its a web app so... slingbox access.. matters not if you don't have a slingbox... so silver is fine for most I expect..

Rang up 3 about skype and orb not working and the guy who seemed clueless about everything. First he thought I wanted to get the x series which I kept insisting I already had upgraded, eventually he realized this and I asked why the services skype/orb werent working, was put on hold and he came back and suggested I try using it tommorow, that it MIGHT be temporary problem.

Then I asked about the slingbox and he insisted 3 dont sell this I have to buy it in shop but I told him I saw it on the three website, he put me on hold for what felt like an eternity and eventually came back with he has no information on that yet.

Then I asked him to confirm when skype and orb would be working he said he cant but to try it tommorow it might be temporary problem. :eek:

Yup true no point going gold if they havent got skype and orb.

I'm confused over the difference between mobile broadband and xseries silver. I've been using orb on mobile BB with mixed results so I don't know how it will fare any better with x-series.

^^ exactly. in fact xseries silver is theoretically less useful than Mobile BB unlimited as you supposedly cannot use x-series package as a modem. People are doing it anyway. There is a somewhat relaxed attitude to this element of the package amongst casual users. However, its written that you cannot use it as a modem under usage guidance so.... mobile bb unlimited for the extra €5 still seems a better deal, especially if you are not a frequent skype, yahoo or MSN messenger user, the last already available anyway direct from 3..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 john_dooley

Hey jimmycrackcorm,
    How did you get ORB to work with mobile broadband?

I have a nokia e65, on bill pay , with a mobile broadband package.
    When I try to login to mycast.orb.com from my 3G phone browser, it either times out or I get an error.

John

Hey jimmycrackcorm,
    How did you get ORB to work with mobile broadband?

I have a nokia e65, on bill pay , with a mobile broadband package.
    When I try to login to mycast.orb.com from my 3G phone browser, it either times out or I get an error.

John

It's hit and miss. The speed test shows anything from 1000kbps down to 40kbps. At times it was excellent quality but I suspected then that Three were restricting it at certain times of the day (seems to work better at night).

However that was before. Now I'm unable to play any video clips whatsoever. Seems they are doing some messing with it.

Advertisement