Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another gun shop closing

Options
  • 03-08-2007 12:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭

Saw this ad in this months Shooters digest.
    Peter Donovan of Rathkeale ,[yes THAT Rathkeale has a gun shop :D ]Co Limerick is calling it a day as well and having a closing down sale.[Geeze I thought he had quit years ago.:eek: ]
    Anyways that will be another sad loss for the Mid West gun owners.
    Peter was always a gentleman of the highest calibre,and a helpful sort,who would let folks up to his "gunroom " over his jewellery shop .
    His was one of those shops where you might never know what you might find of value.If only I had had better money and easier liscense systems.
    Over the years I found in his shop for sale.
    A single 8 bore fowling piece,better suited to be fired from a tank turret than ones shoulder.A very rusty 1897 Winchester pump action that still worked flawlessly,A beautiful little SXS .410 poachers gun,a rare Armalite 12 GA shotgun.That was made with all the ground breaking techniques of the AR180 rifle in Costa Mesa CA back in thev 1960s.Ugly as Hell,but now worth a good few quid.A remmy 1100 in 410,and finally two old Greener RIC single shot rifle and shotgun that had been sleeveed to 12 ga and 22lr.Pity as that destroyed their collector values.But what workmanship!They were built to smash doors and heads.

I got two of my friends up to him to buy their 1st shotguns a lifetime ago.I for one will be sad to see him go.Take a trip folks,you might never know what is in his attic.:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Never been to his shop but my father and some lads in work
    said that he was a gentleman and good to deal with.

it's got me tempted now to look for a shotgun for some clays
    but I am broke.

~B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

Peter was always a gentleman of the highest calibre

Nice one CG :D:D:D

Advertisement