Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

three pre-pay.

• 03-08-2007 12:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭

OK apologies if this has been covered before but I have a few short queries somebody might be able to answer quickly.

I intend buying a three sim (maybe here) and putting it in an unlocked windows mobile 3g device.

1. can I buy pre-pay credit for both voice and data in a shop normally or do I have to do this online.
    is this easy to do on a non-three handset.

2. for proper browsing without a proxy/access to https sites etc what do I need to do.
    does the age-verification thing sort this out.

3. where can I do the age-verification. can it be a car-phone warehouse or does it have to be a three store in dublin or something.

4. can I do the age-verification without having the actual three handset- ie just the sim.

5. when I get the age-verification/get rid of the proxy can I use most apps like outlook, PIE etc.
    in other words is 3pay essentially the same as billpay when age-verification is sorted.

if somebody could answer some of those queries i'd be very grateful.
    thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

You can't buy a 3pay sim from the shop. Tho I have seen them for sale on the Adverts.ie Mobiles for sale section.

Even with age verification sorted out the proxy can still be there.

Age verification must be done in a 3 shop, NOT an agent but the actual 3 shop.

Don't know if you can do the verification with the sim, but can't see why not tbh. The only time you have to verify is when you buy the mobile broadband addon in my experience.

Once you get verified it's supposed to be the same as billpay, as far as I know. Some of the guys might correct me on this.
    Clickey on the link below.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055125955

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭mkennedy

tallus wrote:
    You can't buy a 3pay sim from the shop. Tho I have seen them for sale on the Adverts.ie Mobiles for sale section.

Even with age verification sorted out the proxy can still be there.

Age verification must be done in a 3 shop, NOT an agent but the actual 3 shop.

Don't know if you can do the verification with the sim, but can't see why not tbh. The only time you have to verify is when you buy the mobile broadband addon in my experience.

Once you get verified it's supposed to be the same as billpay, as far as I know. Some of the guys might correct me on this.
    Clickey on the link below.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055125955

thanks for that.
    yeah I was thinking of adverts.

the data add-ons - can you only buy them online and not in shops.

and anyone have a list of three stores nationwide for age-verification.

also if you think it's possible to do age-verification without a three handset (only a sim) how do you think this work would work.
    what do you actually need to bring for age verification.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

mkennedy wrote:
    the data add-ons - can you only buy them online and not in shops.

You purchase them from your phone. If you try to access a site without a data bundle it will redirect you to a web page where you purchase the bundle. This is then taken out of your credit.
    mkennedy wrote:
    and anyone have a list of three stores nationwide for age-verification.

They have a store locator on their website. Just google "3 store locator" and select the search pages from Ireland radio button.
    mkennedy wrote:
    also if you think it's possible to do age-verification without a three handset (only a sim) how do you think this work would work.
    what do you actually need to bring for age verification.

You don't need to bring your phone or your sim. Just bring id. I believe garda age card, passport and drivers license are the only ones accepted although I'm not 100% sure. They ask your name, number, date of birth and address.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭mkennedy

nice one.
    thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

I finally got that fecking proxy removed and "everything" on the phone is working fine now :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement