Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAS CAD and Draughting

Options
  • 03-08-2007 12:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43

Does anyone have any information about this course, in particular those who are doing or have done it.
    It would be a great help.
    Thanks

Comments

I've done this course. What do you want to know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 archplanner

Is it difficult to get into?
    How is the course structured?
    Did you get a job out of it?
    Whats your own opinion of the course?
    Cheers

Not hard to get into, though there was a bit of a waiting list when I applied. I had to wait 6 months to do the aptitude test-which was very easy. They usuallu give preference to people who have done tech drawing or something similar. Also if you have been to college and done any form of engineering/architecture or anything with drawing its a plus. Not essential though but handy.
    As for the structure, the course lasted from August to March, but if your any good with CAD you will probably be in a job well before the end of the course.
    The qualification is with City and Guilds which most companies recognise. The course deals with basic 2D drawing and 3D modelling and rendering which is a useful thing to know if you go into graphic design or a architects office.
    You should have no problem getting a job. FAS have good relations with a lot of companies and will try and set up interviews and work experience. The guys who teach the course usually have worked in drawing offices etc. in the past and will usually recommend the best students to their contacts in the work place. I had 4 interviews while doing the course and got 3 job offers. If your any good at CAD you won't have a problem getting work.
    Its a good course that teaches all you need to know CAD wise and I would recommend it.
    Hope that helps you.

Advertisement