Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Flush the toilet after you!

• 03-08-2007 8:45am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,262 ✭✭✭

I am gobsmacked by the amount of grown men at my job who simply do not flush the toilet after themselves. I work in an office environment with professionals coming and going all day in a multibillion dollar company. Almost everytime I go in I have to do it myself.

What is wrong with these people? Are they expecting mammy to come in a flush it for them? It is absolutely disgusting.

And I'm sure I'm not the only one here to experience this.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Eugh that's terrible, I've never had any problems where I work, apart from the odd skid-mark which i suppose is to be expected

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Neo#

Nah its far too much effort:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

Why do it when women do it for us??;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 910 ✭✭✭rick_fantastic

ah the phantom sh1tter... every office has one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

As a sociology student,I understand that the practice is a left over from eras when the male marked his territory by dumping on its perimeters.

it carries over into the office hierarchy.

I mean if the financial controller takes a thick prizewinning dump in the bog,he is going to leave it there in case some director comes across it and mutters"Jaysus I'm not messin with that guy,if he can drop a shít like that he's dangerous"

Then when he has pipebuster fermenting in the gut,he will adopt the same tactics.

It's all simple when you analyse it son.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I've just got a nice one brewing now actually.

I'll give it an hour, then pop in to the stalls.

I won't even wipe, just leave the log there in all it's glory.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

seansouth wrote:
    I've just got a nice one brewing now actually.

I'll give it an hour, then pop in to the stalls.

I won't even wipe, just leave the log there in all it's glory.

Take a picture and send it in to ratemypoo.com.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭mcauley

Far too much toilet talk on here these days.

I think to leave it there (intentionally) is one the most disgusting and lazy things you could ever do. Would you like to want into a cubicle and be greeted with a massive floating 'vessel'.

Its rank, seriously. Its one pull of handle / push of a button.

I was in the states earlier in the summer, most of their toilets are automatic flush. It eliminates this problem completely.

May I suggest for max effect, use the "reverse iceberg theory", 9/10ths out of the water 1/10 in.

Just angle the ring so the first contact is with the pewter,and the gentle slide should let the growler achieve the desired configuration.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

this thread is hilarious. it really made my morning

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

May I suggest for max effect, use the "reverse iceberg theory", 9/10ths out of the water 1/10 in.

Just angle the ring so the first contact is with the pewter,and the gentle slide should let the growler achieve the desired configuration.

The other way to acheive this is to fill the water with toilet paper first, and then it should just perch on top

do a South Park and take a dump in a urinal

Or even better, the sink.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭blah

If it's yellow let it mellow, if it's brown, flush it down!

blah wrote:
    If it's yellow let it mellow, if it's brown, flush it down!
    I prefer: if it's brown flush it down, if it's yellow leave it for the next fellow

What?

Nothing worse than if you go into the cubicle, bursting for a shíte, and the water is yellow. You don't have time to flush, because you left it brewing for too long. The splash from the water :eek:

Bastards who leave the water yellow are worse than those who leave a log imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭BrianD3

Maybe they did flush? Sometimes after (or before) flushing a log can lurk "around the bend". Looks to be gone but reappears a while later.

BrianD3 wrote:
    Maybe they did flush? Sometimes after (or before) flushing a log can lurk "around the bend". Looks to be gone but reappears a while later.
    in the business, we call those 'sneaky bastards'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭bugler

I also work in an office environment (Finance related), and I've seen things in the toilets that have made me gag. There are also people who stick their snots to the cubicle walls.

Still the company is on top of it all. They blame 'outsiders': couriers and other miscreants from the floors above and below us, who sneak in and drop their subversive excrement on our hallowed bowls. Funnily enough even numerous changes of the security code on the toilet door hasn't stopped them getting in - they must pick the lock :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

Some of the people in my place can't figure out the flush mechanism either. Just a slight nuisance to have to flush when you enter the cubicle though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Ye think it's bad having people leave "presents" in the office? Try having it at home... There's two lads who live upstairs, 1 of them apparently is afraid of the flusher or something...

When i find out who it is *shake fist in fury*

Also, on the whole topic, as Billy Connolly says
    There is nothing worse than going into a toilet, locking the door, turning around and finding that there's a wee jobbie there, somebody elses...

(Bizarrely i just listened to a sketch with that in it, not 20 minutes ago...)

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,147 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Or wet seats when you need to lay a yard of cable. Hate that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I never noticed it as a massive problem in my place, but they felt the need to put a sign on every cubicle door saying, "Please flush the toilet before you leave, and do not leave toilet paper lying on the floor", so someone seemed to think it was a problem.

Those American Shítters with the water trough up so high the nads are immersed are awkward.

I went into one in Milwaukee once,and there was this growler like a burst tractor tyre gently bobbing just under the rim.

Why the fook do they need so much water???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭bugler

...are you sure the toilet wasn't just blocked?

Well this one could have been with the girth of "Meatloafs Daughter" floating in its depths,but generally the North American privvy tends to have much more visible water and higher up the pan.

When you go for a tonkeroo it can be like a holt of otters jumping into a river .

Splash back is very common with an unrestrained exit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Those American Shítters with the water trough up so high the nads are immersed are awkward.

I went into one in Milwaukee once,and there was this growler like a burst tractor tyre gently bobbing just under the rim.

Yea, all those American toilets are headwrecking. When I was in New York for 2 weeks everytime I went for a shíte I always had to grab me balls to stop them from getting soaked!

I've never had a problem with anyone not flushing the loo here at work but someone has seriously got a bad case of the green apple splatters, the rim of one toilet is destroyed!! Like rust on a saucepan!

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭mcauley

The high water level in american toilets is something I couldnt really understand myself.

The thing that actually makes me laugh is the amount of names/phrases/slang words that people use for have a sh1t (even just in this thread!). There are hundreds of em!!!

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,147 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

mcauley wrote:
    The high water level in american toilets is something I couldnt really understand myself.

The thing that actually makes me laugh is the amount of names/phrases/slang words that people use for have a sh1t (even just in this thread!). There are hundreds of em!!!

Just for you...

Got a cake in the oven
    Gotta drop the kids off at the pool
    Paying homage to the porcelain gods
    Floating a log
    Dropping a doo
    Peeling paint
    Hershey squirt
    *sounded racist*
    *as above*
    *ditto*
    Laying cable
    Choking a grogan
    “Honey, I think it’s time”
    Laying pipe
    Out of body experience
    Going to get “slim, fast”
    Fumigating the head
    Baking chocolate muffins
    Going “choco-potty”
    Pitting the porcelain
    Going to Lamaze
    Pushing the fecal-envelope
    Sending the U.S.S. Constipation on her maiden voyage
    Doing the nasty
    Having a stinkie
    Pinching a loaf
    Releasing a chocolate prisoner
    Taking a growl
    Recycling the Taco Bell
    Tell HAL to open the pod bay doors
    Do a core dump
    Dump some code
    Spankin’ a frank
    Write a letter to the Pope
    Call the governor
    Launch a missile
    Brush up on my Polish
    Leave some used food
    Send a car of ore down the shaft
    Empty the poop shute
    Feed the trolls
    Chokin’ a stoagie

• Advertisement

The flushing characteristics seem different too.

When you drop a particularly strung out Brad into the bowl and flush,the whole

contents seems to suddeny surge up and threatens the rim,then she subsides

and reluctantly and slowly exits the premises.

Very offputting for the first few Brads.

Duggy747 wrote:
    Yea, all those American toilets are headwrecking. When I was in New York for 2 weeks everytime I went for a shíte I always had to grab me balls to stop them from getting soaked!

I've never had a problem with anyone not flushing the loo here at work but someone has seriously got a bad case of the green apple splatters, the rim of one toilet is destroyed!! Like rust on a saucepan!

I'm told that frequent visitors to North America from Europe bring camping ladles with them ,y'know collapsable handles, When the want to crimp one off in the hotel/office they extend the handle,down between the thighs and cradle the nutsack in the spoon area.This shields against splashback.

Quick rinse under tap,nice dry sack,into the briefcase for future use.

Bit sceptical myself but i'm only passing on the hint.

Yeah, it always happens where I work, but most of the time its the customers that do it, and not us.

However when you're in the need of a sh!t, there's a few people that frequent the same toilet cubicle.. not at the same time, that would be odd and smelly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭jobonar

Funniest thread i've read in a while :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

It means that the poo does not come in contact with the side of the bowl and so there are no skid marks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

yeah pretty much the same story as my work. Although the people here have some weird habits when donating a few pounds to the irish coastline. The majority of the guys i've seen in the toilet never wash their hands, they are usually on the phone while in the cubicle, then just come out and walk straight out the door... disgusting, they also bring coffee and snacks in with them I mean WTF??? Eating and drinking in the toilet?

There's also this one dude that just sits in the cubicle and waits until the rooms empty before crapping, I mean i'll be in one stall and he'll come in and sit down and just wait, and I could be in there for 10 minutes playing tetris on the phone and still nothing, eerie silence until you leave or the other people who cough to mask the sound of the splash.

People are weird ;)

• Advertisement

Thaedydal wrote:
    It means that the poo does not come in contact with the side of the bowl and so there are no skid marks.

Skids can happen on the bottom of the bowl too, under the water. In fact the log I left in the jacks in work had some pretty impressive sub-marine skids, a lovely track from just above the water at the front, all the way under, and out the back.

Also, I left skids all over California and Vegas last Summer, all the while dangling my bollix in the water.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭Demonique

seansouth wrote:
    What?
    Bastards who leave the water yellow are worse than those who leave a log imo.

Its environmentally friendly this whole 'when its brown flush it down, when its yellow let it mellow'. Saves water

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭Demonique

MarkR wrote:
    Just for you...

Laying pipe

In Big Brother the year ladyboy Nadia one, there was this guy called Victor who used Laying Pipe as an euphanism for sex.

"I like to lay pipe with the women'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

Mine don't float, they sink like the titanic, does this mean I'm well hard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

A little off topic but true.

I was an SBO in an AIB Branch in West Cork when Paddy O'Keeffe was head honco.

He arrived for a branch visit one day and there was a big flurry on looking for the Manager, who was in the head:

I got the job of calling him so I shout in:

"Mr. O'Sullivan, sir: Mr. O'Keeffe has arrived.

The reply;
    "Tell him to wait, I can only handle one ****e at a time."

• Advertisement

MooseJam wrote:
    Mine don't float, they sink like the titanic, does this mean I'm well hard

Nah!! just means that your diet lacks fibre.

Thaedydal wrote:

Well that might be the theory,but I entered a stall in Cleveland once and the fcukin pan looked like a tigers back .

She was scudded and skidded like the main runway in Hartsfield.

Just lettin you know the theory doesn't always work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

Thaedydal wrote:

Have you never seen skid marks at the bottom of the bowl and around the bend? If not, then you haven't lived.

You should wait a few days between laying loaves: save it up and unleash a faecal titan that will crack the porcelain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Demonique wrote:
    In Big Brother the year ladyboy Nadia one, there was this guy called Victor who used Laying Pipe as an euphanism for sex.

"I like to lay pipe with the women'

maybe he was kinky and talking about cleveland steamers or a dirty sanchez :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

When I was stopped off at Seoul airport, there was a strange looking device beside me called the ettiquete button. Curious as I was to what this button did, I pressed it and out came the sound of loud flowing waterfalls that masked up the sound of your bottom orchestra. Marvellous!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭DJMG92

The Bollox wrote:
    this thread is hilarious. it really made my morning

same with me!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Moral of the story:
    FLUSH

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gyppo

Savman wrote:
    Moral of the story:
    FLUSH

Don't agree with that - it'll lose all its character