Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second fix carpentry cost

Options
  • 03-08-2007 9:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭

I'm waiting for my carpenter to come back with a price but I just want to have a ballpark figure in my head before then so I can know if he's on the mark or not.

So can anyone put a rough estimate on the following.

Fit 9 doors, door frames and architrave.
    Fit 380 foot of skirting.
    Lay 90 sqm flooring

Yes I know I should price around etc etc but I'm coming to the end of the build. I'm juggling the plumber the electrician the tiler the carpenter the drainage the esb the waterboard and everything else (all my little octopus legs are full!) so i've only got time for so much. He's a good mate of mine who done a good job on the first fix and cut roof. Still it's good to know your getting a good deal not a raw deal.

Any ideas, prices or any other info would be appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 the chippie

the costs depend on what type of timber you want use .i.e. softwood(pine) or hardwood(oak etc) ,there is more work with hardwoods ,like the doorframes and skirting would have to be drilled and pluged etc... ,what tpye of flooring are you going to use , soild or semi-soild
    doors 150-200 a door
    skirting 80-100 a room
    flooring 18-25 a sqyard for soilds @ semi-soilds
    but its hard too say what the costs should be , do you have handrails to be put on a stairs ? is their much boxing of pipes in bathrooms to be done ,trap door to attic , bath panels on baths .
    regards the chippie

Advertisement