Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Single chainring bolts

Options
  • 03-08-2007 9:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭

Have any of you fixie/singlespeeders got any single chainring bolts you can sell me? They're rarer than hen's teeth at the moment in Dublin.

I've got already got one so I need four more. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. I know I can order them from Hub Jub in the UK but would love to get my hands on them in the next day or two. Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭BeardyGit

If you're stuck, pop into a hardware/DIY shop and pick up a bag of washers to stack out your double bolts until a Hub Jub order can be delivered....Just an idea

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭Ghost Rider

Yeah, I've heard that works. Would prefer a longer-term solution but thanks for the suggestion.
    Gil_Dub wrote:
    If you're stuck, pop into a hardware/DIY shop and pick up a bag of washers to stack out your double bolts until a Hub Jub order can be delivered....Just an idea

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

If you order from CRC today you might have them by Monday:

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=19227

You sure those ones will do the job, Morgan?
    Morgan wrote:
    If you order from CRC today you might have them by Monday:

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=19227

Yeah, they're the right ones alright - The outer sleeve 'nut' is much shorter than the standard one on doubles, allowing it tighten right down on a single chainring....

• Advertisement

Would these do too? (They only have the blue ones of the other kind in stock.)

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=505
    Gil_Dub wrote:
    Yeah, they're the right ones alright - The outer sleeve 'nut' is much shorter than the standard one on doubles, allowing it tighten right down on a single chainring....

The description is right, but the picture is wrong....

Give them a call on +442893352976 though and you'll find the lads helpful and knowledgeable. They'll confirm what part will do for what you need.

Gil

Cheers.
    Gil_Dub wrote:
    The description is right, but the picture is wrong....

Give them a call on +442893352976 though and you'll find the lads helpful and knowledgeable. They'll confirm what part will do for what you need.

Gil

Advertisement