Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL, no subscription but have channels

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭nonamemark

Just take the free NTL man, destroy all the letters or hide them in your room and if they ask deny they ever came. It's their fault, not yours. The ****ers disconnected me a while ago for no reason at all so I had to ring (yes I got through) and get them to come out to connect again, no cost. The thing was they just disconnected the internet, not the TV, or are they able to disconnect analogue remotely?

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭cheesemaker

NTL=(unts

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

nonamemark wrote:
    ...The thing was they just disconnected the internet, not the TV, or are they able to disconnect analogue remotely?

they have to come out and disconnect the analogue to the best of my knowledge ...

They disconnected me as well ... I was away for a month and thought direct debit should be working fine ... rang support and they told me it was all fine ... next day rang again ... and was told no it wasn't fine ... I mean ARGH!!! ... they disconnected my digital and cable ... quite annoying as I lost out a good bit of time sorting it out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭pencil

Stop worrying about it & watch the telly - the contract for their service is NOT WITH YOU!!. They'll disconnect the old tenant eventually - you'll have free TV until then.

When they do disconnect you just get 'free to air satellite' - I guy listed in the advertiser installed it for me for 200euro. You get the same TV channels as the basic NTL package (minus Sky One & Channel 4) ++++ it free forever after the installation! NTLs basic package will cost approx 3000 euro over 10 years - why pay that money!

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭learnerplates

Tis true, the dish would be a cheaper option.
    I'm doing nothing now till disconnection.

• Advertisement
Advertisement