Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork Band The Anybodies gig on the 10th August

Options
  • 03-08-2007 10:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭

The Anybodies, a rising pop/rock band from Cork are playing in Daffy's Bar on the 10th August.

Have a listen to their 2 demo tracks on www.myspace.com/anybodiesmusic .
    They play a nice mix of Rock and Pop/Rock music and have already played many big gigs in Cork such as headlining at well known venues Cyprus Avenue and Cruiscin Lan and have played support to The Revs in Galway aswell as The Blizzards and Delorentos in Cork. \

Hope to see ye there.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Why are bands starting to play Daffy's all of a sudden, it's an awful venue for a gig. I was really hoping (and still do hope) that Baker's Music Bar would take these kind of gigs, in addition to the Underground.

Good luck with the gig though, hope it goes really well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

would be a good spot if they sorted out the attitude on the door. Downstairs could be a cool place but its like Russian roulette whether they'll let you in or not.

get chatting to owner, he's a little off, but if he knows you you'll never have any bother getting in.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Brethitmanhart

Thanks for the info lads, we really don't know anything about the venue and were happy to get the chance to play in Limerick, I think we got it from some music promotion called M.I.L.F(Music I like to Fondle)..if you've ever heard of it.
    I'll have to look up the Underground and Bakers Music Bar if they are good spots in Limerick as we definately will be looking for more gigs around munster.

Thanks again for the info, it is very much appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 PaddyIrish

Hey guys i just want to say really looking forward to you playing down here.

In response to:
    "Why are bands starting to play Daffy's all of a sudden, it's an awful venue for a gig. I
    was really hoping (and still do hope) that Baker's Music Bar would take these kind of gigs, in addition to the Underground."

I am just wondering, have you been downstairs since TR promotions remodelled it and put in a stage and
    made the bar smaller. I'm just wondering because like bands such as the revs, dead mans hand, roulette
    and more have all said the place is fantastic? Now im just enquiring, and I also think Bakers is a fantastic
    venue. But why is it construed as a bad thing that a bit of diversity is happening in Limerick music. Bakers
    dont book bands on a friday they have Nu Killa Code drum n bass so it's not like MILF is stealing any of their clientèle.

Also in response to:
    "would be a good spot if they sorted out the attitude on the door. Downstairs could be a
    cool place but its like Russian roulette whether they'll let you in or not."

I agree mate, at the start there i was freaking out cause like Will was letting no one in.
    But we have since had a discussion with him and he has eased up alot on the door.

Anyways as i said at the start, really looking forward to having The Anybodies and the line up that
    night is really class, with Fox Jaw Bounty Hunters + guests. Cheers again boyos,

PaddyBass

• Advertisement

Yeah, I've been there since I posted that above, definately much improved. Good luck with the gigs, has there been much interest so far? I guess when the colleges are back it'll be easier to draw a crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭fudgez

I am biased cause im involved with MILF but i reckon the venues pretty cool i mean you got a savage stage, cool atmosphere, a load of random music lovers and some really class acts only like 7 weeks in i say come and support it help it grow Alan Jakes was on live 95fm today talking about all of Limericks amazing talent (GAMAK, VV, Walter Mitty etc) he said the only prob was getting people to support it there is enough talent here at the moment to really put Limerick on the map much the same way as Seattle got put on the map in the early 90's if there is criticism of how Daffy's is run then give us something to work off dont just say its a **** venue... that aint productive for anyone....

Peace etc
    fUDGEHOG

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Brethitmanhart

Sounding good lads, I'm getting ready to head up now, And we're really hoping to put on a good show, I hope there will be a good crowd as being from Cork we're not able to bring alot of people with us...

Fudgez if you're involved in MILF then I might see you up there, I'm the lead singer so say hello if you're there!

Advertisement